close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ticks

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by FINS&GRINS, Apr 24, 2007.

1. What Methods Do You Guys Use For Tick Prevention While Out In The Spring Woods, I Have Heard Several Like Flea&tick Collars Around Your Ankles, Also Frontline On Your Boots,any Other Suggestions, If You Find Them On You What Methods Of Removal Do You Guys Use, I Either Use A Match Or Fingernail Polish Remover!!!!!!

2. never use a match or any other chemical. It can make them sick while they are still burried in your skin. That means they would toss their lunch back into your blood stream.

3. I just grab them and pull them off. Knock on wood but haven't had a problem breaking the head off yet.

4. I wear underarmor compression fit heat gear, so the only area I really worry about one latching on is head and neck. If the bugs are bad just spray hat in deet.

5. :yeahthat: usually don't much problem though...even the ticks don't like me!!

6. I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE, I JUST PULL THEM OFF WITH MY FINGERS, HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM YET.

7. :yeahthat: its true...tick surgeon general has found that trents blood raises cholesterol :evilsmile

8. Just pull them off Fins and then pop them in your mouth for a mid morning snack. You'll have a full belly until they pass the one tick rule.

Honestly I just keep pulling them off and try to find them before they bite. Seems they get worse every year.

9. You can buy a spray at Wal-Mart (I forget the name) that you treat you clothes with instead of spraying on your skin. One treatment to the clothing last all season. Since I started using this stuff a few years ago, I have not had one tick or chigger. Chiggers seem to like me for some reason. They especially like that sweet spot around the boys, if you know what I mean!!

Good luck Turkey Hunting!!

10. Yeah they like around the twig and berries!! Thats for sure.

11. Well you best be find that name so we can all go out and buy some. :bash: Problem is I don't always wear the same clothes to go fishing in.... :(

Al

12. DEET works well too. Just don't use it on kids.

13. Ticks suck (no pun intended...really). If you really want to see some ticks go to Kansas. I don't know how those deer out there survive the onslaught of ticks that they receive on a daily basis. Didn't mean to hijack your thread Mike.

Signed,

Ticked Off!!!! (Sorry....:redface: )

14. [​IMG]

15. Isn't that Bocephus' tick?