close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

To Chum or Not To Chum???

Discussion in 'Southeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by cricket, Apr 4, 2005.

1. My first season as a full-time Indiana Sportsman I am having trouble finding information on chumming in Indiana waters. I am wondering if it is legal to chum the waters while fishing for catfish? I am not finding reliable information on the subject so I am hoping you can help me.

Thanks
    David

2. I looked over the DNR site and can find nothing to suggest that chumming is illegal. If it doesn't say you can't, you can.:bash:

3. okie dokie

That is kind of what I thought, I was all over several sites and haven't found anything either way. So I guess a chummin' we will go!

Thanks for the info.
    David

4. I don't think there would be anything against the law as long as there isn't a littering issue.
    I don't know if it was effective or not but I have done some serious chumming myself on 6 foot waves down on the Gulf of Mexico:rolleyes: :dizzy: :)

5. In fact, I read once that a great chum is an old onion bag with a bunch of dogfood dragged behind your boat.