close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trail Camera Stolen

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by DocB, Jul 22, 2007.

1. I moved my new camera to the other farm last Sunday. My two buddies went out today to check the cameras and hang one more only to find that mine had been stolen! One week out there. I guess I'll file a police report and talk to one of the neighbors. He might of seen who it was or at least the vehicle. It sucks and I doubt I'll ever see it again. No more pics from me. I'm done with trail cameras. 3 weeks and 200 bucks down the drain. I hate thieves!

2. Was it locked to the tree?

3. That SUCKS DocB....sorry to hear that.:( Everytime I check mine I get a weird feeling when I don't see it right away.

4. Only thing I'd rather hunt than Whitetails is theives. I hate cowardes and beat them reguraly with a stick. Terry

5. DOC, YOUR STORY IS EXACTLY WHY I HAVE A HARD TIME SPENDING THE MONEY ON A NICE CAMERA, ONLY TO HAVE IT TAKEN. I TOO DESPISE NOTHING MORE THAN A THIEF. SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK.

6. Sorry to hear that Doc...I hope you find who took it.

7. I know it's kind of far-fetched... but you might watch eBay to see if any come up for sale from your area. Some people are actually that stupid.

There was a local guy who had some tools stolen... ended up buying them on eBay and the guy got prosecuted.

8. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I had mine stolen once, was returned to me by a CO in parke county,It was turned into him by a motorist who just happend to see it on the side of the road, the motorist also just happend to live on the adjoining property...:bash: , but at least i got it back, if i have another stolen i wont be replacing it.

9. sorry to hear that

10. that sucks...sorry to hear that doc...

11. That really sucks..... I had someone beat mine to death, on MY property. Nothing left but the strap and a piece of plastic from the motion detector..... I hate 'em too.

12. Sorry to hear that!
    Thats why I don't use them ......even on my property......Quite sure it would be stolen or smashed. :bash:

13. Iv'e been fortunate so far. That would chap my rear though:bash: :bash:

14. Never had a camera stolen, but I have had plenty of stands cut down from the tree in the past. Really chaps my a$$!!!

15. fullrut

fullrut Guest

Get in touch with the company who makes it. I had one stolen and almost a year after the fact the company called me and told me someone had been calling trying to get an instruction manual for it and giving my serial number. Long story short after some police intervention I had my camera back. Pawn shops are a good place to look too. Definitely file a police report, without one you can't press any charges. Good Luck