close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Traveling to Indiana

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Treestandguy, Apr 26, 2006.

1. I'll be heading to your state soon to set up new dealers for my company. After traveling Michigan last week doing the same thing it became clear that local folks know a whole lot better where the best retailers are.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which stores to call on? Where do you buy your hunting products?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jack Turner

2. Rick Frame at Frame's Outdoor Sports in Liberty, IN might be interested. He's gets a lot of business down in the southeast around Brookville Lake.

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I'm from Ft. Wayne (down I 69) and buy most of my hunting gear on line at Cabela's...but I do buy from Gander mountain...Ft. Wayne, and one in Coldwater, MI (close to the lake) sometimes. We do have Dick's stores in the city, but I've never bought hunting gear there; only fishing gear.

4. Hi Jack what do you sale?

5. Thanks for the input guys.

Late last summer I bought a treestand company, Family Tradition Treestands, that had been based out of Florida for over a decade. We're pretty strong in the southeast part of the country but virtually unheard of around the Midwest.

I'm going to continue our long tradition of supporting the smaller mom & pops shops and not selling to the larger big box retailers. We need to give folks a reason to support the local retailer in town, the bigger ones get their fair share of the market already.

We've even gone so far as to target non-traditional sites- farm co-ops, John Deere dealers, etc...we've had up to 60 of these non-sporting goods stores selling our stands in the past. As long as they've got good road frontage our stands will sell well there.

Thanks again for responding to my question! I'll be heading down there next week.

Jack

6. if you come to sou. in. the great outdoors in jasper and outdoors unlimited in vencennes. do you have a webb site?

7. Sure do, www.FamilyTraditionTreestands.com

Thanks for the help.

Jack