close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Trolling Motor Battery

Discussion in 'Boating and Boat Rigging' started by ccavacini, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I'm afraid three years is all I can expect out my trolling motor battery (12 volt). Still is chargable, but doesn't hold the charge very long (last Sunday, had to drift fish).

Any suggestions on a good Maintenance free battery? Trolling motor is a Minn Kota and has 55 lbs. of thrust.

Also, I'm thinking of getting a one bank on-board battery charger so I don't have to mess with hooking up the charger to the battery. Any suggestions on any of these (been looking at Cabela's on-board chargers).

Cary

2. Cary, Come see me at Gander Mountain soon and I'll show you what we have in on board chargers and, um, Trojans.....

............uhhh, it's a battery brand buddy!!!!! Butch Wygant and I would love to see you.:) !!!!!!!

deanweimer43@yahoo.com to see when I, or he, will be there.

3. Cary,

The onboard charger that came with my boat was a Guest charger. It lasted me about one year. Junk. I then purchased a Dual Pro and haven't had any problems with it in the last five years. The Dual Pros also have a battery status indicator, which the Guest system I had did not. I have used Deka marine batteries for the last five years as well, and they have just started to lose life...and I do a LOT of fishing.

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

James, thanks for the info.

Dean, tell Butch I said hi....I'll make it out to see you guys sometime.

5. James, I need to hook up with you when I'm ready to start tweeking out my boat!

6. No problem...let me know.