close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Turkey near?

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by Treehugger1971, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Question for all you turkey masters. Really wanting to get into turkey hunting
    this year. I hunt around Shelbyville but never seen turkey while deer hunting.
    Just wondering if any of you hunt around that area or know if there are turkey
    there? Any info would be helpful.:help:

2. FireLt72

FireLt72 Staff Member Mod

Tree,

I am not a master, only my second season, but if I remeber right, they just did a release out that way and half the county is off limits:confused: I am trying to recall..... I believe the cut off was ST RD 9. I am actually looking in the DNR web site... It says that the area not open to hunting is east of ST RD 9 and North of ST RD 44. The rest of the county is open, it seems. Now do you have turkey....Yes, where are they, good question. Here is a link to some released turkeys, but no checked turkeys.
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/publications/notes/turkey.pdf

There are also 2 turkey check in spots, Guns-N-More (421-0420)and Three Rivers Taxidermy (392-6871) Call these and ask how any were chcked in. I actually go over to Fayette Co and down to the HNF for my turkey hunting. If you want to PM me and I will give you some of my info.
    Eric