close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Turkey Tail and Wing Mount...

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by hunter47331, Jul 5, 2007.

1. I completed my turkey tail and wing mount this week. I think it turned out pretty well for being my first stab at it. It was defintely fun to do myself, as opposed to sending it to a taxidermist. Special thanks to Derek for his play by play narrative. There are three feathers broken on the RH wing (LH side) that I may fix as replacements become available. He broke them flopping around. I found out while making this mount that this bird had been shot before. While hollowing out the spurs... I found a piece of shot in one leg spur that had been completely grown around. Kind of interesting...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That is beautiful! Well done....where, mind my asking, did you get the laser engraved wood?

3. That looks real good, IMO. Nicely done.

4. THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME...if I ever get a turkey...what do you charge? haha

5. Very nice man. Glad it turned out well for you. I told you it wasn't that hard.;)

That is the exact same kit I ordered for my buddy's bird that I'm doing right now. I did the wings just the other night.

Jon, you can see the board when you come over to my place next week. Can order it through Vandykes.

6. Looks great, well done.

Ed

7. Thanks Derek. Do you know if they do custom ordered ones? I had my first mount done by my taxidermist buddy, and this is what he ordered.

I'd like to follow suit with this one if possible.....

[​IMG]

8. Beautiful mount, great job!