close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Turkey vultures

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by DaWG of Indpls, Mar 1, 2007.

1. For the last week I have been seeing lots of turkey vultures flying around the Park 100 area on the northwest side of Marion County. They must know something I don't.

I have been told that t. vultures will leave when the dead can freeze. T. vultures do not/cannot eat frozen flesh.

So by seeing them back in the area, I am hoping that there is going to be a warm up on the way?

Just a thought about a recent observation.

DaWG :dizzy:

2. Ugly ... but I hear they taste like chicken.:corkysm55

[​IMG]

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

If you stand real still.....for about an hour.....you'll find out more about them.

Seriously, talked to our biology teacher about them...he said they're nature's garbage disposal.

4. You'd be ugly too if your mother vomited rotten meat down your gullet every time you were hungry!:)

5. Well crap!!! No wonder I haven't killed a turkey in 3 years hunting them...I thought that picture you just posted was a turkey...I've had the real things around me all this time of hunting. I wondered why those birds kept running into my calling but I couldn't one of "those" birds to come near me!!! :banghead3

6. Uh, yes, Randy, the gobblers are the ones that AREN'T puking up green slime on dead things. See pic in Avatar.

7. Sounds like Dean then.

8. i hit one of those with my truck one time coming out of a curve and it was in the middle of the road and when it flew up it hit my hood and snapped the hood in half.

9. Uh, yes, Randy, the gobblers are the ones that AREN'T puking up green slime on dead things. See pic in Avatar. THIS IS HOW BOILERS ARE CREATED

10. The good gobblers don't puke ... :evilsmile

Did I actually type that?:chillin:

11. :lol: