close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

two hour delays and closings

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by goggleye57, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Another 2 hour delay from the cold- James and Cary too! I'm not sure its a good idea? Seems like we might be raising a generation of "Hot House Flowers" (Course the generation before us probably thought the same about us- why I had to walk both ways 5 miles uphill in the subzero snow just to get to school.):)
    But the idea of 5 and 6 year olds standing out in 15-20 below wind chills waiting for a bus doesn't sound like a good idea either:rolleyes:

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Fort Wayne Community closed today...seems like their biodiesel fuel busses had some troubles yesterday and left a lot of kids stranded outside.....not good

3. Oh, I dunno. I somehow survived walking to school in -10 to -20 ambient growing up in the mountians of Wyoming, and the kids in Fairbanks seem to manage.

Dress for the weather.

Of course, wearing weather appropriate clothing to schoolisn't as cool as an exposed bellybutton... :rolleyes:

4. Unfortunately, some of the kids' parents can't or won't provide warm clothes...

5. Grew up in Lander.

6. No such thing as "can't". Not when it comes to kids. There's always Goodwill or Salvation Army.

The operative term is "won't".

7. Well said. Don't know any other way to say it better. Lots of terrible parents out there. Really needs to be a "child license"....

8. Agreed!!! I had to stay home today till they got on the bus. They're calling for 3-6 inches of snow here today. Whats it like up yonder?

9. We are only supposed to get 1-3 from what I have heard...but the radar looks like it wants to do more than that...

how does it go...if they call for a blizzard, it won't happen now...if they call for some flurries, you better get the plow...

we'll see...

10. Starting to see some white stuff down this way saying possible 5-7 inches.....I'll beleive that when I see it!

11. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

How true...one difference here is the kids aren't walking but standing in the cold waiting for school busses...that seems to be the biggest problem.

12. I really loved snow as a child, and as a young adult.

:woohoo1:

I detest the stuff now!

:protest_e

. . Unless it is during deer season.
    Snow simply makes deer hunting complete.

:Welcome:

In my humble opinion, anyway.
    ;)

13. Geez James...PHS called a delay by lunch today...haha, you tell em the bite was gonna be on tomorrow or something?

14. Supposed to have a half day tomorrow...went with a delay on a full day instead.