Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been archery hunting 32 years, mostly public land. This was the first time I scored two P&Y in one year. Especially nice since I lost last season to COVID. Scored Nov. 3rd & Nov.16th in Illinois. First one is very symmetrical ten and will score about 140”. The second one is the dream buck I’ve waited so long for. Have no idea what he’ll score as I have not taken anything close to his size before. Will be eligible to measure mid-January.

Still got my Indiana archery tag in my pocket. Have not used yet. Maybe will still get out with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Been archery hunting 32 years, mostly public land. This was the first time I scored two P&Y in one year. Especially nice since I lost last season to COVID. Scored Nov. 3rd & Nov.16th in Illinois. First one is very symmetrical ten and will score about 140”. The second one is the dream buck I’ve waited so long for. Have no idea what he’ll score as I have not taken anything close to his size before. Will be eligible to measure mid-January.

Still got my Indiana archery tag in my pocket. Have not used yet. Maybe will still get out with that.
Way to go, impressive buck. Look forward to hearing the score.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice deer...I am in the same boat...I shot a really nice deer in november...My taxidermist scored it yesterday for dry score...it scored 159 3/8...I dont think he is a certified scorer...but, has been doing taxidermy for 40+ years...how do I find out who to take it too? He is not done at taxidermist...so, I will have to wait for that...Knox County Indiana

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice deer...I am in the same boat...I shot a really nice deer in november...My taxidermist scored it yesterday for dry score...it scored 159 3/8...I dont think he is a certified scorer...but, has been doing taxidermy for 40+ years...how do I find out who to take it too? He is not done at taxidermist...so, I will have to wait for that...Knox County Indiana
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Cloud

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just Google Pope & Young measurers. It will pull up a list of measurers in Indiana. There's a guy in Portage and one in Westville. That's where I took mine. Just found out the gross NT score of my buck ended up 195 2/8". Still trying to have second buck scored.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts