close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

update....

Discussion in 'Mushroom Hunting' started by rico, Apr 10, 2005.

1. nothing around salamonie .....

2. You were supposed to give us some good news:bonk: LOL - looks awful dry around here - need some rain to get those schroons poppin!:)

3. while turkey scouting early this morning i checked on 2 of my hotspots to see what the ground cover looked like. There is water in some of the spots its normally not but the top it dry in a lot of places. I still think theres moisture down there but rain will sure help. Pray for it this week. Turkeys musta bred like rabbits last spring up here. Seeing them in places ive never seen them before.

4. still nothing down this way. plenty moist here, we got an all day soaker last thursday..."maypoles" through the ground...talked to a fella that said there had been a few blacks found around Hartford City...but i hear that every year at this time:bash: i will post daily about salamonie, work schedule permitting:chillin:

5. temperatures

Help me out, what kind of thermometer is there that can take ground temps? And where can I get one?

6. Shrooms

FINDING BLACKS AND SOME WHITES IN KNOX CO. :bouncy:

7. Good deal! And its supposed to rain today! I'm going to have to get that skillet heated up!:corkysm55

8. Now it looks like the rain is going south of us:mad: - You central Indiana guys are going to get but not us:coolgleam Oh well I can finish working on my garden or go fishing:)

9. got rained out today. tromped through my spots on the salamonie...nothing. looks good...vegetation wise...but no mushrooms...hey charlie in answer to your question a meat thermometer will do...just dont put it in direct sunlight...but you dont need that...if the farmers are dropping seed in the ground then the soil is warm enough...are they planting up there in popcorn country? by the way, slick, what is a "white"????:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :chicken: