close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Used bows for sale??

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by cjones46, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Thought I'd put out a feeler...
    My wife put her foot in her mouth last year and said if I enjoyed bowhunting (it was my first year) and wanted to do it again we'd get me a new bow this year. Well guess what...

Since I've got a young'n on the way in a couple months I'm deciding to be responsible (gag) and I'm gonna look for used bow's first. If any of you have one that'd you'd like to part with let me know. Pics can be posted here and prices can be sent to me privately (no need to turn this into a shopping center haha)

Also if you guys know of any places in the northern half of the state that sell used bows for decent I'd love to hear about them too.

Thanks guys

PS don't tell my wife I started looking already haha

2. Careful, if you give in to responsibility now, she will expect you to put the family first all the time.

3. haha that's why i'm not telling her about this
    once I find one I like then I'll say "Gee baby I really like this switchback but its 700 dollars new...I found this older one for 400, thats a huge savings" and she'll still hate it haha. I'm ready to put my youngster first...I swear to you as soon as he's old enough to shoot he'll have a brand new bow!!!

4. Jones, I've got a Martin Jaguar gathering dust as we speak. I've got arrows, release, field points, broadheads, etc. etc. Also, the limbs are brand new on this baby. It has a brand new site and brand new arrow rest.

LET'S....MAKE....A.................DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deanweimer43@yahoo.com

5. talk to me deano
    what year?
    what is the finish? (what color)
    I'm good on arrows, points and so on...
    but if you want to package it we can package it.
    let me know the year so i can do some research and haggle with ya haha.

6. 1997 Martin Jaguar...it's a camo finish. It has a tree camo finish to it.
    E-mail me.

7. Martin ALWAYS made a good quality bow. Rugged as they get.......I still have my Martin Firecat ready to use at my whim. We sold a ton of those things at the Archery Shop I used to work at..........all the employees had them for their personal bows..........one of the lower "Warranty Claim" bows we serviced.........good testament to their reliability.

Jump on it!! :coolgleam

8. look at scarlet with the top notch sales pitch ;)

so far i'm reading good things...how did we exist before we had the internet??

9. I've got a Hoyt Magnetec and some arrows I'm wanting to get rid of. I believe it's a 2000 or 2001 model. It's got the xt2000 limbs on it. The only thing it doesn't have is a sight.

10. CJones, whats your draw length, I may know of a good used Matthews or High Country, if Dean's doesn't work out?

11. CJONES, DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR BOW SIZE IS ( DRAWWEIGHT, DRAW PULL). THIS WILL SAVE ALOT OF "GOOSE CHASES" ON BUYING A USED BOW. SOME BOW SUCH AS MATHEWS ARE NOT ADJUSTABLE ON THEIR DRAW LEGNTH. I`M NOT TRYING TO UNDERMINE ANY SELLER ON THIS SITE BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK ON E-BAY, YOU CAN FIND ABOUT ANY BOW EVERMADE THERE. I`VE PURCHASED TWO ON THAT SITE AND HAVE BEEN PLEASED WITH THE PRODUCT.

12. Might want to try www.archerytalk.com ........got a good friend who's gotten some good buys on there.

13. i have a martin jaguar also will sell cheap let me know what draw length is brand new rest and release

14. Thanks guys!!!

I can't do ebay...last time i bought something on ebay I got shafted royally so I'm done with that site. I also figure if I can find one from one of you guys I know it will have been maintained well...and if not...well I know where to find you hahaha

15. you're right though...
    I need to figure out what my draw length is...
    I'm guessing "Long" isnt an acceptable answer haha
    how does one go about finding this information??
    My bow now is a hand me down from my father in law, it did exactly what I asked it to do and works great but I'm not sure of any of the specifics.