Indiana Sportsman Forum banner

UTV Implements

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  duckincrazy 
#1 ·
Evaluating implements to pull with my John Deer Gator 620 that has a 2 inch receiver to till up a 1 acre meadow and plant sunflowers for dove hunting:

"large" disc - 8 discs or tine plow (about $135) or small disc - 6 discs ($334)
($500, weighs 200 pounds)
Plant community Plant Ecoregion Organism Land lot
Photograph White Font Line Parallel
Photograph Nature Plant Organism Font

Thoughts? Recommendations?

See less See more
#2 ·
Evaluating implements to pull with my John Deer Gator 620 that has a 2 inch receiver to till up a 1 acre meadow and plant sunflowers for dove hunting:

View attachment 19088 View attachment 19087 View attachment 19089

View attachment 19088 View attachment 19087 View attachment 19089
Was reading around and almost purchased a "ground hog" atv disc like you are showing. Decided not to after reading a few reviews that said if you didnt have the 2" receiver and tried to just get an adapter to the common pin whole on back of an atv/utv that it would have so much pressure it'd bend it. Since i didnt have a 2" receiver and getting a bracket that could accommodate one seemed to be impossible i went with the pull behind like i hope i attach here for you. What i like about this besides just being pull behind and easy to flip over and wheel around "my actual model has wheels also" is the width. churning 4' at a time seemed like it'd go faster although i havent compared it myself. You can also stack different amounts of weight and easily change the cutting angle for more or less aggressive etc. It's worked for me the last couple years on a few different sized plots. after seed i then take and old wood skid with gaps betwen the boards and some weight on it to smooth it all back over and give the seeds 1/4-1/2" of a seed bed.
There's more than a million ways to go about it and you can spend almost a million dollars... I'm either too poor or stupid but my way works for me. Good luck!
Line Rectangle Font Auto part Metal

#3 ·
Was reading around and almost purchased a "ground hog" atv disc like you are showing. Decided not to after reading a few reviews that said if you didnt have the 2" receiver and tried to just get an adapter to the common pin whole on back of an atv/utv that it would have so much pressure it'd bend it. Since i didnt have a 2" receiver and getting a bracket that could accommodate one seemed to be impossible i went with the pull behind like i hope i attach here for you. What i like about this besides just being pull behind and easy to flip over and wheel around "my actual model has wheels also" is the width. churning 4' at a time seemed like it'd go faster although i havent compared it myself. You can also stack different amounts of weight and easily change the cutting angle for more or less aggressive etc. It's worked for me the last couple years on a few different sized plots. after seed i then take and old wood skid with gaps betwen the boards and some weight on it to smooth it all back over and give the seeds 1/4-1/2" of a seed bed.
There's more than a million ways to go about it and you can spend almost a million dollars... I'm either too poor or stupid but my way works for me. Good luck! View attachment 19091
Thanks jrockmtown. Much appreciated, and very helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.