close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Very Bad News for Me!

Discussion in 'Mushroom Hunting' started by goggleye57, Feb 3, 2006.

1. My main mushroom hunting grounds are in southern Cheyboygan county. And I mostly hunt Black Ash trees- and now the emerald ash beetle is in the area- The only way to fight it is to cut and burn thousands of ash trees:banghead3
    [​IMG]

2. Shrooms

Hey Goggle, If they do end up burning all of the ash trees...never fear. Did you know that Morels will grow extraordinarily after a forest fire??? It's one of Mother Natures ways that is hard to explain. Larry Lonik (The Mushroom Man) who passed away a couple years bag once told me that after a fire, mushrooms come in by the thousands. maybe this could be a good thing for you ...

3. I agree with the mushrooms after a fire, we once had a field fire back home and it took out the first 100 ft of the woods, never seen mushrooms in that stretch before, but after for a couple of years, tons of them.

This Ash Borer has got to be eliminated, before it decides it likes trees other than Ash!

4. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

You guys have it all wrong in your thinking...fire.....old growth goes away...new growth...aspen...aspen berries....GROUSE HABITAT.