close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vid of Strutting Bird up close!

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by Hoyt_Rocks, Apr 30, 2007.

1. I went hunting with a good friend of HuntinIn on Saturday to try and setup on an old bird with archery gear in my Matrix. At around 9:30am we see this Tom strutting over 300yds away with some hens. I knew as soon as the hens left we should be in some action. I ended up calling the bird in from over 300 yds away. Needless to say I have video of the tom strutting at 13 yds for 5 minutes. The end result was a missed shot by Jim but he got his thrill on old tom hill that is for sure. I could hear his heart pounding out of his chest as the bird was drumming and strutting at 13 YARDS. When he drew his bow the vitals were directly behind the decoys. He had to hold at full draw for over 45 seconds. That makes for a tough shot! I feel bad for him that we were unable to harvest that bird. When you get a bird that close doing his thing it is truly a sight to see. I need to fugure out a way to get this video in my laptop. When I do I will post it. Anyone have any ideas on what I will need to take a vhs camcorder vid and download to my laptop? I think I need to figure out the connections to get it burned on DVD and then its all down hill.

2. i would love to see it. but i don't have a clue how to.

3. Would love to see it as well......