close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wal-mart

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by oldbuckkiller, Jul 31, 2006.

1. oldbuckkiller

oldbuckkiller Banned

I just found out my local wal-mart doesn't carry firearms and i'm ticked why hasn't the nra got on this or have they. an do any of you have wal-marts with no guns.

2. west lafayette and monticello wal-marts around me still carry firearms,but lafayette doesn't......... I think they are going to put a cocktail bar in where the use to sell firearms for the city folk!!!

3. Rowdy

Rowdy

Real hunters dont shop "marts" anyway...support your local little man.

4. amen.

5. Wal Mart's guns are second rate equipment. Don't get me wrong, they will get the job done but they are not first run equipment from the manufacturer.

6. :coco: what are you talking about?? YOu mean that first single shot .410 i bought when i was 10 with my birthday money from my family and friends wasnt top of the line???:coco:

That little NEF single shot killed a ton of rabbits in its day... and it was a wal-mart item... I also picked up my Remington ML700 Muzzleloader for 153 bucks brand new from a sams club after Remington discontinued them. So i guess thats another Wal-Mart purchase. I dont like going down to Gander Mountain as the service there sucks. Too many people behind the gun cabinet think they know everything there is to know about everything. I think you all know exactly what im talking about... Im not sure where else to buy a gun at around here. I could go to Rangemaster but id have to give up an unborn child and my house just to get a gun from those salty mothers. Im done buying guns for a while because i really dont use them all that much anymore but I think my next nice purchase is going to be a .22... I agree that the little man should be supported often times just stopping in to talk can strike up a great friendship and you can learn a lot more than just talking to the joe behind the counters of the big box places.

7. Most of my fishing equipment and tackle comes from wal-mart. Never had any problems. Great selection. Yes, they are a little lacking in the know-how department.

8. Yes, never had or heard of anyone having problems with fishing equipment from Wally. Guns are a different story.

9. I guess the two are a little different!:chillin:

10. So far, the first gun that I ever "paid" for was my 870 Express Magnum, and it was purchased at the Wally World in Jasper and that was roughly 13 years ago. Luckily, I haven't had any problems with it.

On the other had, my bother has a Mossberg 500 that was bought from Wally World, and I would like to see him toss it in a Lake somewhere. So I can see both sides on this issue.

11. could be the fact that its a mossberg 500. Those guns are absolutely junk guns.. My dad has had one for years. He got it way back in the day when he was young and traded something even more worthless for it. He loves it as it has nostalgia to it i guess. I personally cant stand the ole mule and it makes way too much noise when you are just handling it. Maybe its the mossberg line that makes it junk im not sure.

12. Clear your pm folder!

13. THE TWO NEAREST WALMARTS NEAR ME (PLAINFIELD & MARTINSVILLE) STILL SELL LONG GUNS. I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED A GUN FROM A WALMART. FORTUNATELY I HAVE SEVERAL OTHER PLACES TO CHOOSE FROM. I HAVE ACCESS TO A GANDER MOUNTIAN AND A LOCAL (BRADIS) GUN SHOP THAT HAVE A GOOD SELECTION AND GOOD PRICES.

14. just read in the north american hunter in the news update section that wallmart will discontinue gunsales in 1,000 stores across the u.s. the reason they give is a lack of demand. no specific stores or states given. most likely the stores with the worst gun sales record.

15. it's because everyone is switching to crossbows!!! :banghead3