close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

We have a new hunter!

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by DEC, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Not sure where to put this, so this section will have to do.

My 7 year old daughter who is only in 1st grade was insistent that she was going to take the hunter's safety class this year. So, I agreed and we studied all summer long. Well, this weekend we sat through 8 hours on Saturday and another 3 on Sunday. Come test time, I was so nervous for her that I thought I was going to loose my lunch.:eek:

Well, I am VERY PROUD to report that my 7 year old 1st grader scored a 94 out of 100! You only needed a 70 to pass. She did so awesome and I am so proud of her.

She's not new to hunting, she's been going out with me since she was very little and she's been shooting a compound bow and a bb gun for a couple years. She's shot a .22, but this week will be her first big gun test. I'll be taking her out to the range a couple nights with her muzzleloader. I've got a light load that will be sufficient at 40 yards or so, but won't rip her shoulder off. If she does all right there, then it is off to Wal-mart to buy her first of hopefully many hunting licenses. Then look out youth weekend!

I'm pretty proud to say the least!:coolgleam

2. Very good job, no easy task for her age!

3. that is just tooooooooo cool. congrats !!!!:woohoo1:

4. Congratulations to both you and your daughter, DEC...something to be very proud of.

5. Congrats DEC and a big congrats to her!!!

My oldest was 7 when she went through the program, I know how you're feeling man! My daughter and I will be out with her .410 on Saturday morning. She went with me yesterday to set up the buddy stand, we can't wait!!!

6. Congratulations Dec, that is so cool. We talked on Sat evening that I had 2 daughters and no son and you to said you had all girls. WOW now you will have a hunting partner how cool is that. Also congratulations to you tree and your daughter. Hey gang is there any young sons pass the course. Now the dreams, hunts and trophies begin. GO GIRLS. Should me proud Dec and Tree

7. Thats awesome!! My 6yo daughter wants to come out with me this season, and I'd absolutely love to take her, but she can't sit still for more than about 2 minutes, and as far as being quiet....yhea right.
    She got a BB gun for Christmas last year, and will be getting a Cricket 22 (with a hot pink synthetic stock :16suspect never thought I'd have a pink gun in my safe) this year. I'm hopeful that by next year she will have calmed down enough that I can take her with me, I'd love to but this year she's just to hyper.