close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What a day

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by ccavacini, Dec 4, 2005.

1. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Knocked a bird down....couldn't find it...put my hat down.....lost my dog (snow clogs up her bell)...looked for her about 15 minutes...found her...went back to pick up my hat...couldn't find it...looked for five minutes....found it...lost my dog again....she's on point about 200 yards away...tried to flush the bird...couldn't find it...reached down...it was the bird I shot (broken wing)....it started to run...couldn't shoot it because my dog was chasing it...now both of us are chasing it...I'm
    laughing real hard...threw my gun down and jumped on the bird the same time as Megs did....was laughing so hard had to sit there for awhile.

Went back and got my gun...got back to the car and tried to take a picture with our new camera...took two pictures and the camera said the memory card was full?????got home and my wife showed me the two short video clips I took by mistake....I think she downloaded them as pictures though...I'll post them if I can.

What a day:)

2. Now if only those video clips were of you looking for a lost hat and trying to jump on a bird... :biggrin:

3. I would pay to see the video of him diving on the bird :woohoo1:

4. That's a riot! You hunt the way we do, laughing most the time. You'll remember those things longer than any hunt that went textbook perfect for sure.

5. Nice tackle-

Anyone been hunting the clean ups at pigeon river or tri county, how is it going?

6. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Anyone been hunting the clean ups at pigeon river or tri county, how is it going?[/QUOTE]
    Went to Mongo Sat...didn't see a bird...only hunted 1/2 hour there.

7. Was at mongo hunting rabbits and talked to a couple of bird hunters that said the same thing Cary did.

oh and way to go on finding your bird dog and hat.lol that is some funny stuff

8. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Here's a picture of the video I took: Looks like Megs is trying to resusitate the bird:)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2005
  9. That's a great pic CC, thanks for posting it for us. Good story too!

10. CC, did you ever try using that Lazor Sheen on your dog this year?
    I've just been wondering.

11. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Yes...did use it early...not sure it made a difference (other than she smells real nice). I might use it again when I go to places I know there are burrs...one definately at Cedar Swamp and one in Michigan...I'm not sure I let it dry enough when I put it on to really give it a chance.

Cary

12. Thanks Cary, I believe I'll try that on my Boykin this Sat. I'm looking forward to chasing after a few birds.

13. Thats great! I think we've all had days like that. Not the hunt from heck, but more of an enjoyable comedy of errors that you can laugh at later. Nice bird to boot.:bonk: