close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by JL, Feb 15, 2007.

1. So, what do you guys think about this whole one-buck-rule thing? :lol:

2. Darn it James, you beat me to it...:biggrin: :evilsmile

But I'll play...

What one buck thing? :evil:

3. The only true way to find out what everyone thinks is to start a poll on it. :cwm27:

4. That will show up in graph form so I understand what it means right?

5. Doesn't really matter to me. I'm looking for body mass not rack size. I'm happy with does (though I will shoot a good buck if provided the opportunity...)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2007
  6. Good respectful hunter right ^---there fellas...

Me, I focus my efforts on undersized cripples...

7. I think you spent too many days snowed in, that's what I think.:coco:

0 or 1, that is all I need a year to keep my manhood in check.:evilsmile

8. The way I hunt bucks..................The One Buck Rule is saving my marriage. If we were allowed two..........would be instant divorce. This is the only reason I vote in keeping the One Buck Rule.

9. :yeahthat: I agree 100% I love to hunt deer but I am not a rack hunter - I am a hunter gatherer!
    But if OBR helps you guys out, and is good for the resource its fine with me as long as I get to collect my meat. :biggrin:

10. No buck rule (as in zero, zilch, nada) seems to be working pretty well for me.:mad:

11. Mature Deer...

Working Good.....want to see some Results???I have some Pics.:evilsmile

12. I have enough problems taking one mature buck.

13. Sounds a lot like Dean..... ;) Yes I like the fact that we've experienced an increase in the size of Bucks. However I eat meat. I've never shot small bucks unless necessary, and will continue to do so regardless of the matter at hand.

14. Opposite affect as Scarlet is having. My wife thinks I am crazy for letting those little bucks go, even in December, when the freezer is empty. Thank goodness I can get a few does now and then.

15. I hunt Does first for my freezer and family, my children were raised eating venison.
    OBR is working, I'm seeing more mature bucks in my areas, but I've always let the younger bucks go. Make no bones about it, I hunt for Trophy Bucks, but I'm very selective about it. I'll take at least 2 does per year and be happy with the meat, but I put alot of time and effort into hunting a mature buck too.

I understand Tree and others that don't like it but I will vote for OBR for myself and the way I hunt.