close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

what inportant speed or accracy

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by xstreambuckmaster, Jan 26, 2006.

1. im taking a vote how many people would like speed better then accracy.. or the other way around .. who would like accracy better then speed.. i here so many people say you need speed .. but i would like accracy more then speed to much speed takes from accracy.. so why does speed mean so much .. ? thanks [ XSTREAMBUCKMASTER]

2. Speed vs Accuracy??

How many 320 foot/second arrows does it take to kill a deer when you shoot over it's back on every shot?

How many times will it take to bring a deer home in the pick-up when you have really no idea of where the arrow will impact?

Accuracy wins every time.

Next question please...............:coolgleam

3. speed !!

hey buckmaster!!
    i can tell you accuracy i think is more important. there are still alot of game killed with traditional archery equipment. there are still alot of misses with very fast bows. (AND I'M INCLUDING MYSELF IN THE MISS CATAGORY) i bought a new pse this yr. and the guy just set it up by eyesight and i never could get a consistant group with it. i was about ready to give up on it and decided to take it to a pro shop and have it put on a lazer to reset it up. you can't believe how far it was off. the knock was at least 1/4 inch off the sights were out of line too. within 10 minutes the guy had me shooting 3 inch groups at 20. practice with what you hunt. i found if i hunt out of a stand i need to practice out of one. practicing with braodheads i think very important. you probably already know all this but i learned a valuable lesson this yr on a nice buck. practice practice practice. i'll take accuracy over speed any day. i will say it's nice to have them both.

4. Give me an accurate bow over a fast bow any day of the week.

Better yet, give me a QUIET accurate bow, and I'll bring home a ton more game than someone with a noisy fast bow.

5. accuracy and quiet, speed is nice to an extent, but a quiet bow thats accurate will beat out a short brace height speedy bow every time

6. With proper tuning, you can usually have both!

7. Speed vs. Accuracy vs. Confidence!?!??

I've said it many times. Speed is great when you are shooting next to people at the range. It also (while greatly overspoken) helps sell bows. What the bow companies don't tell you is that the arrows used to achieve these 300+ f.p.s arrow speeds aren't necessarily the ones you'll use to shoot (or shoot at) a deer. In a hunting situation speed can be greatly overrated. I'd take accuracy over speed any day. A great many "archers" don't practice with their gear enough to achieve accuracy with speed. I shoot a 70 pound draw Hoyt X-Tec with Gold Tip arrows. These arrows travel at around 270-280 f.p.s. This isn't as fast as some bows say they are, but with much practice I am confident in my set up. Ahh, and there we have another adjective to throw in the mix...CONFIDENCE. To me this is the archer/hunter's best friend. Get R Dun!!!:corkysm55

8. Thanks All

GOOD INPUT I WOULD TO WANT ACCRACY ANY DAY OVER SPEED.. I READ A BOW SHOOTING 240 TO 250 FPS IS GOING ABOUT 170 MILES A HOUR THATS BOOKING IT .. BUT LIKE I SAID I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WHO ARE ALL OUT FOR SPEED... JUST WANT TO SEE WHAT ALL MY FRIENDS HERE THOUGHT ON THIS .. THANKS..... [ XSTREAMBUCKMASTER ]:chillin:

9. I also would take accuracy over speed. If you can't hit the target....why shoot? However, I had a coyote jump the string at 40 yards this year. Arrow went over his back. I blamed it on a bad release, but I know better. It dropped ( the coyote) atleast ten inches like it was scared. Then the sucker looked right at me. This tells me he heard where the arrow came from. At 40 yards I was busted. A faster bow might have helped drill him. Or I could have shot under him.

10. Speed kills

Which brings me to a point about F.P.S. Have you ever really stopped and thought about that?? What is the real difference between 240 and 260 feet per second, or between 250-270 ft. per second. Find a bow that is fast, accurate, shoots well, and you like it and then go get a big one!!!!! Do you remember the days when you could actually SEE the arrow hit the deer??? Practice, practice, practice, and once you're sick of that...PRACTICE SOME MORE>>

Which leads me to want to start a new thread......

11. Id rather kill a deer with a slow arrow than miss one with a fast one.... Accuracy takes the cake here.

12. I'LL TAKE ACCURACY. WE HAVEN'T ALWAYS HAD SPEED AND WE'VE BEEN HUNTING WITH BOWS SINCE BEFORE COLUMBUS LANDED

13. Without Acccuracy Speed Is Useless. Speed Can Help With Accuracy, On An Elevation Plane. They Are Both Intertwined To An Extent When It Comes To Bow Hunting, And To Be Successful You Need A Good Balance Of Both. I`d Take A Formula Of 75% Accuracy, 25% Speed.

14. you just miss faster!!!!!!!!!!!