close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What is a billion?

Discussion in 'Comedy' started by 410, Dec 26, 2006.

1. The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" in a casual manner, think about whether you want "politicians" spending you tax money.:banghead3 :bonk: :bash:

* A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
    * A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive
    * A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age
    * A billion days ago one walked on the earth on two feet.
    * A billion dollars ago was only eight hours and 20 minutes, at the rate the government is spending it.
    Let's take a look at New Orleans. It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division.
    A Louisiana Senator is presently asking the Congress for $50 Billion to rebuild New Orleans. Interesting number. What does it mean?
    Well, if you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man, women, child), you each get $516.528.
    What do you think?

2. I think I'll head to louisianna and claim my 1/2 million,come back ti Indiana and see how many acres of woods I can buy!:biggrin:

3. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Bet half a mil. wont get ya as many as ya think...lol

4. True, 500,000 wont get u much land, but enough for me. What is the going rate for an acre, around 2 grand an acre....or aomething like that????????

5. My calculater says $103,162.12 per person.
    :confused:
    Which would still buy a chunk of land if you started with 5-10 kids!

6. why should any of them get any of my money? You tell me what percentage of those residents are on some sort of government assistance and therefore arent contributing any measurable amounts to this nations coffers. Tell me what the violent crime rate is in n.o. Tell me what percentage of pregnancies occur outside of wedlock. You tell me whos brilliant idea it was to build a freakin city hundreds of feet below sea level in a fishbowl. You say they need 50 billion dollars?? How much does the government already gives them every year in welfare, food stamps, medicare/medicaid?? Tell me what any of them have done to deserve my money over any of the homeless or underprivleged kids in my own city. I say to hell with them...but thats just my humble opinion...

7. That money is to rebuild homes, schools, hospitals, roads,etc... The residents won't get anything. They don't deserve anything more than what they got. Sitting at the Superdome with bottles of Champagne just purchased with your FEMA debit cards was enough for me to see. I lost my ass in a flood this fall and fema gave me zip nada nothing and part of it is because of these jerkoffs. FEMA realized the mistakes they made and corrected them shortly after. But yeah boys the scumbags won't see anymore than what the State already allows them to suck off of us.