close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What to do for next season?

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by bigbitt22, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Now that this season is over, I was just wandering what everyone will be doing now to get ready for next season?

2. laugh at this website

clean guns, tree stands already put away. wait for loggers to finish tearing up the woods i hunt, so can then go in and groom brush piles, make shooting lanes, and plant food plots where they have opened up the timber. but mostly just laugh at all you great elmers that chime in with your grreat wisdom and knowledge. if indiana doesn't sport the next WORLD RECORD its ok we most definately have the greatest web posters!!! thanks guys dburris

3. Pull my stands down this week. Check all the straps, bolts, welds, and paint for wear. Touch up/replace as needed.

Set up the trail camera over the major trails to food sources.

Review my journal of sightings and notes throught this past season, and start contemplating stand locations for next year.

Put the field tips back on the arrows! :(

Shoot indoors either in league or just whenever I can get it in.

Whine, stomp and pout like a little child until 10/1/07.:gaga:

4. i think i will just wait for opening day

5. Well rework and move some stands. Guns are already cleaned and put away and the 20 ga is out now for bunnies. The pictures I took will set down and take a good look at them, some of the pictures are areas where I hunt and I rough in some distance with a range finder, now I will take the pictures and put then in plastic for next year. I scout all year so I never stop hunting and learning.

6. Clear some shooting lanes for next years new climber trees and mow/chainsaw/bushog some walking paths. Scout. Put away some stands.

7. Rob a bank, buy more ground and manage it the way I want.

8. CLEAN UP MY PROPERTY AFTER THE LOGGERS WENT IN AND DID THEIR THING. NEED TO REOPEN TRAILS, CUT UP SOME OF THE WASTE INTO FIREWOOD, AND RE-DO MY FOOD PLOT COMPLETELY. I WILL ALSO NEED TO SPEND SOME TIME MAINTAINING, CLEANING, UPDATING MY CABIN TO HAVE IT READY FOR TURKEY AND DEER SEASON.

9. Improve the bedding area a little bit

get food plots planted

clean up existing paths...add at least two

try to afford a trail camera to keep tabs a little better...

10. shoot 3-D, and Skeet. Also just do all that I can to better the herd.

11. Move some stands, put out the trail cams, and maybe plant a food plot.

12. My 07 season began this past weekend. Put out the feeders and my trail cams on them to see what big boys made it through the year. I will be taking down stands and scouting like crazy as long as the weather stays like it has been. Between now and April is one of the best times of the year to scout new areas. To better your chances in 07 you have to put in your time now! :coolgleam

13. I thought about moving some stands around. I might even go and buy a few new stands. Maybe find some new hunting spots.

14. Need to build my hunting fund back up !! I also need to become a better shot with my bow. We'll probably do some scouting and move a couple of stands, need to put up at least one more stand. Enjoy the memories of the past season and wait and wait and wait.

15. Put a gps tracking device on Jl and Brews stand so I'll be ready for next year.