close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What to plant??

Discussion in 'Frontpage Polls' started by bigling97, May 3, 2007.

1. I have a lot of area behind and around my house that has a local deer heard and in the summer they raid our gardens. What should\could I plant on and arouns the river that runs behind our houses to keep them happy and out of my corn and maters and beans?? I don't want to turn and till the soil just something the kids can throw and water and let nature take its course.
    Thanks guys.

2. DAWG if you get a chance please send me some ideas. I seen that you were talking about something similar. I live in the armpit of Indiana up here in the region and this is a little far for me to go especially with my crazy work schedule.

3. A COUPLE OF VENDORS SELL NO-TILL CLOVER SEED, I HAVE NEVER USED THEM, BUT I DO KNOW THAT GENERALLY CLOVER WILL COME UP WITH MINIMAL GROUND PREP. IF THAT DOESN`T WORK YOU CAN ALWAYS FILE FOR DEPREVATION PERMITS.

4. Depending on how thick the area is that you are trying to throw down seed, it might be a pretty difficult propisition. If it is almost bare ground, try some of the no till and see what happens. If there is established anything...i kinda doubt you will have much luck. What might actually be a better idea is just to start a mineral station. It might be enough to hold them up before they hit your garden, but if they are already programmed to hit your stuff...it might be a losing proposition either way...

good luck...