close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What would you do???????

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by Dean Weimer, May 3, 2007.

1. Fellas, on Hanback's blog yesterday was a story about a guy who arrowed a doe up in Wisconsin. He came back after dark to do the tracking and, hopefully, finding of his deer. As always he carried his trusty pistol with him, which is apparently legal in Wisconsin. Upon arriving at his downed animal, he discovered 3 wolves mowing down on his doe (which, interestingly, wasn't dead yet). What do you do in this situation?

2. Put the Pistol on Fire, ................... and slowly back off ..........and head back to the truck all the while knowing if I had been a more efficient predator with my bow shot..............the second best efficient predator would just have a gut-pile to polish up on.

I'd let the harsh side of nature we sometimes do not want to talk about take it's natural course.

.............and I'd go home and practise in an attempt to not repeat that again.

3. Thank the good Lord the wolves weren't mowing down on me!

4. I would say Id get the heck out of there.

5. Ethically, the wolves are not a valid target just because they are eating "his" deer. So shooting them is out of the question. Do you want to scare them away and salvage your meat? Not me. Let them have it, and like Dew said, go home and practice. It would be cool to watch, if you could avoid becoming more intimately "involved"

6. Agree to let them have the meat and get the heck out of dodge, if possible. Disagree with not being able to pack heat when wolves are around. Kill every one of the wolves if they come at me and I have enough bullets.

7. that would be a tense situation, i would not stick around long, i would slowly walk backward with out taking my eyes off them

8. The scenario changes if they come after you. If they choose to involve me in their dinner plans, I would expect to be able to decline with all due force.

9. make sure you've got one chambered
    watch from a safe distance...how often are you going to get to see something like that take place?? the world is full of does...let the dogs have this one

10. I'd make sure I had a couple of clips on me and watch from a safe (as if there really is such a thing) distance for a while, but agree that the the claim to the deer is gone - the nature has reclaimed the doe

11. Make a rug.:biggrin: :biggrin:

12. Not really but sounded good.

13. Hey the Wolves have to eat to. Just go back to the truck and have a couple of cold ones