close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's Rain?

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by QuailDancer, Oct 4, 2006.

1. How to time, guys.

There's no high winds, no thunder, no lighting, just a pesky steady rain. I'm beating it by staying at home and working on the upstairs bathroom :banghead3 , but how do you guys beat the rain?

What are your gear choices and techniques for getting out when the weather is wet? In years past, I reserved these days for hunting pop up ground blinds, not waterproof, but sure does help.

2. QUAIL,

YOUR ON VACATION ,WORKING ON A BATHROOM DOES NOT CONSTITUTE VACATION GET OUT THERE HUNTING MAN, I HAVE A TREE UMBRELLA IT WORKS GREAT IN A STRAIGHT DOWN RAIN , NOT GOOD IF WINDY AT ALL , ALSO GROUND BLINDS ARE OK A LITTLE TOUGH TO BOWHUNT OUT OF DEPENDING ON WHAT SIZE YOU GET I RECCOMEND THE BIGGER SIZED ONES!!! ALTHOU I HUNTED IN A BLIND WITH MY SON AND YOU KNOW THOSE OFF COMMERCIALS WHERE THE GUY IS IN THE TENT WITH 10,000 MOSKITOS NONE BITING HIM IT WAS JUST LIKE THAT WITH THE OPPOSITE EFFECT, ANYWAY ENJOY YOUR VACATION AND GET SOME HUNTING IN!!!!!:evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile

3. Quail....it may seem like it is really raining a lot there at the house, at it may be, but I have found many times once I get to the woods it doesn't seem to be raining nearly as hard as it was at home or on the way to the woods. Let mother nature protect you a little out there. Shut the door on the bathroom and walk away...no...RUN AWAY...get out there and hunt man. A quiet rain suit will protect you from the rain. The deer do not care if it is raining...why should you? Some of the best times hunting (and fishing) are had in the rain. I hate to say it Quail...this could be your lucky day...but you won't kill ANYTHING working on your bathroom expect your vacation and time. Post a pic of your buck tonight!!! GOOD LUCK!

4. rain suit

I might suggest wearing a light rain suite under your camo. Now I wear bibs that are 2 sizes to big just so I can wear enough layers of any kind. Your outwear will get wet but your body stays dry.

oldrookie

5. a pair of frog toggs. or a stand umbrella. the biggest buck i saw last yr. was in the pouring down rain. i'll tak rain long as it's not lightning before the heat any day.

6. All solid Ideas...

For getting out of work at the house, you guys are the bomb! Far as your weather ideas, sounds like...well, beats working, doesn't it.

You can forward your ideas to my wife at Quail'sbetterhalf@finishthedarnbathroom.com This might go a long way towards my freedom!!:tongue:

7. I don't hunt in the rain just the day after.

8. I don't like hunting in the heat, but the rain doesn't stop me. I have my best sightings of bucks in a light misty rain. I don't do anything different, I just get wet like the deer do. You've been around 410 too long, quit crying and go hunting. If you don't I will send Weimer down to spend the weekend with you. Maybe he could work on the bathroom while you hunt?

9. QUAIL,

AFTER YOUR WIFE READS MY E-MAIL IM SURE SHE WONT CARE IF YOU GO HUNTING, PACK YOUR CLOTHS MAN AND WEAPON, ( PROBABLY NOT JUST YOUR HUNTING CLOTHS):evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile

10. Like most hunters, I have more invested in camo clothes than real clothes. The best investment I ever made was a really good rainsuit...bibs and jacket. I got them light enought to wear early and large enough to wear over other clothes when it's colder. I prefer a tree umbrella if I can get away with it but hunting on the ground, turkey hunting or waterfowl...Put on the rainsuit and relax.
    When I had more opportunities to go and could be picky...sleeping in is was always the first choice.

11. I like to use a stand umbrella and a pair of rain gear. A light rain doesnt really seem to effect deer too much but i have seen a couple decent sized bucks when it was raining. but i have stayed dry with that gear so that is what i like to use

12. 2 things wrong here, Scott.
    1. 410 Makes me fish in the rain.
    2. Dean, work?:evilsmile

13. I'm guessing I'd better pack a sleeping bag too now.

14. I love to stillhunt or try a spot-and-stalk when the ground is wet or there is a light rain. I'm unsuccessful most of the times I try it, but it sure beats just sitting in a stand getting wet.

15. Whats rain??? Rain is what keeps the softies in the house.....:16suspect :16suspect :16suspect