close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats your favorite squirrel gun?

Discussion in 'Indiana Small Game Hunting' started by jajwrigh, May 30, 2005.

1. Mine to date is a Marlin bolt-action with a 4X32 scope in .22 lr. August 15th is just around the corner...:chillin:

2. Favorite Squirrel Rifle..

Well, I have a couple that I really enjoy using. One is a lever action 22 cal. Marlin wi9th a 3X9 Variable Atec scope. This has taken quite a few squirrels for me throughout the years.

I also have a 22 ca.l pump action Noble that belonged to my father. I installed a 4X Weaver scope and it has also served my well as it did my father before he passed away. I plan to "pass this rifle down" to my kids and my grandkids. I had it all refinised and re-blued and it looks and works like new.

I also like to hunt squirrel with my bow. Not too many hunters try this but it is FUN and IT CAN BE DONE!!

GOOD HUNTING,
    Bud Fields Pro-Staff
    "OUTDOORS WITH BUD FIELDS"

3. Remington pump 22 with a 4X Bushnell scope. (Bud - it was purchased in Galveston):)

4. WEll...i take the trusty .22 marlin semi auto into the woods but generally always end up just sitting there with the gun leaning against the tree and just deer scout /watch over my rivines to see what kind of bucks i got roaming the area for october. I let my little broother take the gun most of the time ...i just love bein out there and preparing the ambush 1st of october. Besides...squirrels are kind of dumb. Fox squirrels that is..ive heard grey squirrles can be a pain.

5. .22 cal Remington.

Bud I still have the very first gun I was given for Christmas as a kid. It's a single shot break open Mongomery Wards .410. I have 2 sons, 16 and 11 and both of them have used it to take their first squirrels. I also redid the stock and bluing before I gave it to my oldest.

Our future depends on all of us getting the young ones involved. Cheers to you Noble and Bud and anyone else for helping get young people into the woods and onto the waters !
    :cool:

6. .22 Henry Lever Action with a Simmons 4X acope.

7. 22 WMR Marlin Tube feed with a bushnell 3-9x40mm scope. bolt action

8. I have 2 I hunt em with,

Marlin 39A Lever action
    Ithica Featherweight Pump 22

9. Ruger 10/22 topped with a Bushnell 1.75-5x32.

Of course, that's the only .22 I have experience with. I'm sure I'd love others as well.

10. I also hunter them with a Ruger 10/22 with a 3-9x40 Simmons...Love the gun to death...My oldman hunts them with the Ruger 10/22 with a 3-9x40 Simmons mounted on his gun...My friend started hunting them with his Savage 17 but talk about a bullet hole in a squirrel...

11. I was just thinking...if ya shot them with rock salt, you wouldnt have to season them...........just an idea

12. I'm always taking my 10-22 ruger,it never fails to chamber a round,i bought a remington 597 for my son,its a good built gun,accurate,but the clips are like toys and im so mad at Remington for making that part of the gun so cheap,iv'e bought a dozen clips and they last no time,i contacted Remington and they just dont care,no help at all,and i see they put the same clip design in their new 17cal.,go figure.

13. Favorite squirrel gun(s) -- Ruger 77/17 in 17-HMR with a Leupold 2-7x32 scope and a T/C Contender Super-14 pistol in 17-HMR with a Burris 5x32 pistol scope-- also have two of the stainless "Wal-Mart Special" Ruger 10/22 rifles, one with a Simmons 3-9x40 silver scope and one I left with open sights. All depends on the situation as to what I hunt with.