close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

When we gettin ice?

Discussion in 'Indiana Ice Fishing' started by goggleye57, Oct 29, 2005.

1. 28 degrees this morning- A killing frost. About 15 degrees colder and we will be in business! :fish:

2. i'm ready for it we got the roof on now. it was only 32 here. but i live on top of a hill. we did get a good frost though. it killed the hostas.

3. The long range forecast from the national weather service says we should have a "normal winter" no el nino or la nina to influence the winter. I'm not sure what a normal winter is - I just want ice!

4. ICE Hmmm you trying to scare the ducks off. I am just getting started. I need just a little more time to get rid of the shakes. My addiction is hell on the better half.

5. The ice just concentrates the ducks to where the water is moving- Some of the best duck hunting I have ever done is after the lakes and marshes have frozen up:)

6. I agree 100% once our lakes freezes over the ducks and geese all come into the mouth of the creek and its always good hunting. I guess the only thing better would be being out in a layout boat with flocks of divers flying in.
    Hmmm...lets see lakes freeze.....nothing better than bluegills through the ice.....ducks are concentrated into open water areas, leaves are all gone so I can see more squirrels, and theres generally snow on the ground that makes tracking deer so much easier. What more could you ask for?

7. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

You guys are like little kids on Christmas Eve:evilsmile

8. No Cary we are even more anxious then that.

9. Santa doesnt give me this much excitement or anticipation. Hell Ice is probably a month or two a way and I am already getting excited, santa barely gets me excited the day of. :) Nothing better than fresh bluegills through the ice.

10. Calling for the seventies mid-week!!!!!!!:mad:

11. Steve

Steve Admin Mod

Yeah the forecast is not good. Really need to turn the freezer on.

12. My best camo patterns are of the warm weather variety. Can we at least wait until I fill my deer tags before we start hailing the ice gods???
    Two more weekends, that's all I ask.

13. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Oooooo, Oooooo, I think I just saw a snow flake...darn, it was just dandruff.;)

I remember about 3-4 years ago that Lake George never froze over (at least on the big water.) Hope that doesn't happen again.

14. Hmmm Calling for Snow on Wednesday....Maybe it willl actually start getting colder and we'll be able to get on hard water in December.
    I can't wait for a nice mess or bluegill's through the ice...not much better eatin than that.