Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
28 degrees this morning- A killing frost. About 15 degrees colder and we will be in business! :fish:

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
i'm ready for it we got the roof on now. it was only 32 here. but i live on top of a hill. we did get a good frost though. it killed the hostas.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The long range forecast from the national weather service says we should have a "normal winter" no el nino or la nina to influence the winter. I'm not sure what a normal winter is - I just want ice!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
ICE Hmmm you trying to scare the ducks off. I am just getting started. I need just a little more time to get rid of the shakes. My addiction is hell on the better half.

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ice just concentrates the ducks to where the water is moving- Some of the best duck hunting I have ever done is after the lakes and marshes have frozen up:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree 100% once our lakes freezes over the ducks and geese all come into the mouth of the creek and its always good hunting. I guess the only thing better would be being out in a layout boat with flocks of divers flying in.
Hmmm...lets see lakes freeze.....nothing better than bluegills through the ice.....ducks are concentrated into open water areas, leaves are all gone so I can see more squirrels, and theres generally snow on the ground that makes tracking deer so much easier. What more could you ask for?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Santa doesnt give me this much excitement or anticipation. Hell Ice is probably a month or two a way and I am already getting excited, santa barely gets me excited the day of. :) Nothing better than fresh bluegills through the ice.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Calling for the seventies mid-week!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Administrator
3,965 Posts
Yeah the forecast is not good. Really need to turn the freezer on.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
My best camo patterns are of the warm weather variety. Can we at least wait until I fill my deer tags before we start hailing the ice gods???
Two more weekends, that's all I ask.

·
Super Moderator
3,704 Posts
Oooooo, Oooooo, I think I just saw a snow flake...darn, it was just dandruff.;)

I remember about 3-4 years ago that Lake George never froze over (at least on the big water.) Hope that doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hmmm Calling for Snow on Wednesday....Maybe it willl actually start getting colder and we'll be able to get on hard water in December.
I can't wait for a nice mess or bluegill's through the ice...not much better eatin than that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts