close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where Are Ya Huntin' At This Year?

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by Hav2HuntEm, Feb 4, 2006.

1. We are starting in Nebraska, then Kentucky, then to our home state of Indiana and will end the season in New York. It's always cool to see where everyone travels in pursuit of these awesome birds.

2. I'll be going about 10 minutes north of the house in Vermillion County, if I get drawn to hunt at the Izaak Walton club I belong to. If not, I'll travel an extra 10 minutes farther north into Vermillion County. Either place I'll be in pursuit of my first gobbler kill.

3. i'll be continuing my hunting in brookville. it's tough sometimes but I'm hoping to get another after not getting one for 2 years. I honestly don't get enough time to hunt turkeys.

4. I'll walk out my back door, across the field, and into the woods. :biggrin:

5. Hopefully White county again,also some in Tippecanoe county(urban zone 2 bucks?)[​IMG]

6. Steuben county...trying to make it three years in a row to get a longbeard from the same spot. I'm ready!:bouncy:

7. What' up everyone!!!

Blah, blah, blah blah, blah...

8. Well Dean, that wasn't very polite...haven't you learned yet from this forum that we all just need to get along and you need to value other's opinions and what they have to say and blah, blah, blah, blah....

9. turkey hunting

I'll start out in Kentucky (opens earlier than IN) just North of Dale Hollow (maybe do some fishin). You can take two birds there and there are gazillions of them everywhere. Then do my normal hunt in Owen County (plenty of birds there two). I think Southern Indiana is eventually going to have to go to two birds because the things are taking over!

Eric

10. HuntinIN...and you want me there when??? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

11. FireLt72

FireLt72 Staff Member Mod

Well I am not as blessed to get to go out of state, but I have a few places, Public land in HNF and some private land out near Rockville. Second season as a turkey hunter, I am hooked and in love :help:

My 10 year old daughter wants to sit out there some with me this year. CANT WAIT!

12. where!!

for sure in. and hopefully in ky. if i can get away.

13. I will be traveling the 2 hours plus to hunt in Parke County (HEAVEN) on private ground that I'm fortunate to be able to hunt. CAN'T WAIT.

14. You got that right Daddy-O, I'd be surprised if the state record Whitetail Buck isn't walking around in Parke County right now somewhere. If I could buy hunting property anywhere right now to hunt deer it would be Parke County. As you already know the Gobblers are plentiful there too!!! Good Luck.

15. Blah, blah, blah, blah!!!!!

Hey treehugger, I "wrote" that the other night when I was...umm...let's just say I had my share of life sustenance..:corkysm55