Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are starting in Nebraska, then Kentucky, then to our home state of Indiana and will end the season in New York. It's always cool to see where everyone travels in pursuit of these awesome birds.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I'll be going about 10 minutes north of the house in Vermillion County, if I get drawn to hunt at the Izaak Walton club I belong to. If not, I'll travel an extra 10 minutes farther north into Vermillion County. Either place I'll be in pursuit of my first gobbler kill.

·
Registered
789 Posts
i'll be continuing my hunting in brookville. it's tough sometimes but I'm hoping to get another after not getting one for 2 years. I honestly don't get enough time to hunt turkeys.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Dean Weimer said:
Blah, blah, blah blah, blah...
Well Dean, that wasn't very polite...haven't you learned yet from this forum that we all just need to get along and you need to value other's opinions and what they have to say and blah, blah, blah, blah....

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
turkey hunting

I'll start out in Kentucky (opens earlier than IN) just North of Dale Hollow (maybe do some fishin). You can take two birds there and there are gazillions of them everywhere. Then do my normal hunt in Owen County (plenty of birds there two). I think Southern Indiana is eventually going to have to go to two birds because the things are taking over!

Eric

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
HuntinIN...and you want me there when??? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Well I am not as blessed to get to go out of state, but I have a few places, Public land in HNF and some private land out near Rockville. Second season as a turkey hunter, I am hooked and in love :help:

My 10 year old daughter wants to sit out there some with me this year. CANT WAIT!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will be traveling the 2 hours plus to hunt in Parke County (HEAVEN) on private ground that I'm fortunate to be able to hunt. CAN'T WAIT.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Daddy-O said:
I will be traveling the 2 hours plus to hunt in Parke County (HEAVEN) on private ground that I'm fortunate to be able to hunt. CAN'T WAIT.
You got that right Daddy-O, I'd be surprised if the state record Whitetail Buck isn't walking around in Parke County right now somewhere. If I could buy hunting property anywhere right now to hunt deer it would be Parke County. As you already know the Gobblers are plentiful there too!!! Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Blah, blah, blah, blah!!!!!

treehugger said:
Well Dean, that wasn't very polite...haven't you learned yet from this forum that we all just need to get along and you need to value other's opinions and what they have to say and blah, blah, blah, blah....
Hey treehugger, I "wrote" that the other night when I was...umm...let's just say I had my share of life sustenance..:corkysm55

·
Registered
14 Posts
Treehugger,

Where do you check your Turkeys in at? Is that restaraunt on 36 in Dana still open? I used to like to check my bird and have a meal but the last time I was there in 2003 it was closed. I had to go all the way back past Rockville to a Gas Station at Racoon Lake. There also was a Sportsmans Bar in Montezuma right on the river but they weren't checking Turkeys in 2003 either. Last year we just went back to the Gas Station instead of on another wild goose chase.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Daddy-O said:
Treehugger,

Where do you check your Turkeys in at? Is that restaraunt on 36 in Dana still open? I used to like to check my bird and have a meal but the last time I was there in 2003 it was closed. I had to go all the way back past Rockville to a Gas Station at Racoon Lake. There also was a Sportsmans Bar in Montezuma right on the river but they weren't checking Turkeys in 2003 either. Last year we just went back to the Gas Station instead of on another wild goose chase.
If I ever kill one I'll let you know! This will be my 3rd year hunting them. I hunt in Vermillion County. I don't think the restaurant on 36 in Dana is open. I think there is a bait store there in 'Zoomtown that check's 'em. It's right there on the main drag after you cross the river and come into town. I could be wrong but check there. If not then your best bet is probably going out by Raccoon Lake as I'm not aware of any place in Rockville.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts