Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been a topic before...

I just happened to think about it while I was posting some welcome to the site messages for the new members. I always wonder to myself where people are from. I am lucky enough to travel the entire state of Indiana (and Kentucky) so I like to get as much info from all over as I can get.

I... am from Franklin, IN. It's about 20 miles South of Indianapolis.

WAR

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I'm located approx. 10 miles northwest of beautiful downtown Terre Haute. The tiny little hamlet of New Goshen, IN. in Vigo County.

treehugger

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
treehugger said:
I'm located approx. 10 miles northwest of beautiful downtown Terre Haute. The tiny little hamlet of New Goshen, IN. in Vigo County.

Bayh country? I spent a lot of time in Universal when I was a kid. My mom grew up there they called it Bunsen.

I am from just east of Lagrange Indiana, Not far from Michigan and Ohio :)

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
goggleye57...It's a small world...I live about 5 minutes from Universal. I think they still have a big party there at the end of every summer and they call it Bunsen Day.

MI Duck Hunter...What brings you to the T.H. area?...I know it's not the great job opportunities and the night life!

treehugger

·
Premium Member
2,803 Posts
I have been to Bunsen days. I once drank 6 beers and 5 big bowls of beans. I felt sorry for the folks riding home with me!:dizzy: Sucker fishing on Broulett's Creek, pickin paw-paws on Jim's Creek, looking for arrowheads. Lots of good times!:) No family there anymore, all the old retired coal miners have passed away. thanks for bringing back all the fine memories.

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
I live six and a half miles north of Columbia City on Crooked Lake..... in local terms I am from Tri-Lakes.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Dubois County?...Is that where Jasper, IN is located? My parents lived in Jasper for 6 years when my Dad got transfered down there for work. I was down there quite a bit but not sure of the county.

treehugger

·
Registered
143 Posts
As Mark stated, Jasper is in the same county. I live about 10 miles SE of it.

Garrett is farther up the line that I thought! I guess I must have drove through it on my way to Kendallville several years ago.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I live in Carmel, Indiana located in Hamilton county just north of Indnianapolis. I travel southern Indiana, all of Kentucky and west central Ohio on business and look forward to grabbing a cup of coffee with any future hunting buddy that can take the time.

Pat Allen

1 - 20 of 48 Posts