close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where can I fish???

Discussion in 'Central Indiana Fishing Reports' started by buck_hunter21, May 26, 2007.

1. Hey all,
    I live up in Indianapolis and was wonderin if anyone new of a place you can fish around the area. I do not know of any good places. I usually have to go back to my hometown to fish, but don't like the drive. So anyone know of anywhere??

2. Eagle Creek's not bad. Where in Indy do you live?

3. Raccoon lake just west of Indy is good. Depends on what type of fishing you like to do. I myself prefer creeks and love fishing Raccoon creek.

4. morse is up the road and giest they both offer great fishing whiteriver is a good smallie water live along the river myself and its good fishing

5. Freind of mine catches between 10-20 smallies every time he kayaks down the White River not far from your area. Not giants yet but good fish. Oh, and he strictly fly fishes.

Jack

6. Boones Pond is a short drive up interstate 65

ALSO:
    OK HERE IT GOES...ALL YOU INDPLS ANGLERS AND THOSE CLOSE ENUFF TO DRIVE A SMALL DISTANCE...DECENT SIZE LAKE, IVE HEARD ABOUT IT FOR YRS BUT NEVER GOT AROUND TO FISHING IT......ITS BIG ENUFF YOUD NEED A 4 WHEELER TO GET ALL AROUND IN LESS THAN A HR..DEEP WATER, SHALLOW FLATS, WEEDS, ROCKS AND DROPOFFS

I SPENT 3 HRS THERE HIT 2 bass AND 1 CRAPPIE....4LB 3LB AND ALMOST 1.5LB...THIS MORNING!! IM GOIN BACK TOMMORROW IF ANYONE WANTS TO TAG ALONG ILL BE THERE AT 9AM!! HAVE TO WORK AT 230PM SO THERE PLENTY OF TIME...ANYWAYS...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION......

WEST ON 38TH STREET PAST INDPLS MUSEUM OF ART TAKE 1ST RIGHT DOWN WHITE RIVER EAST DRIVE, AS SOONAS YOU TURN THE GRAVEL PARKING IS INSIDE THE BEND, PARK AND COME ACROSS THE STREET...WALK DOWN PATH AND HANG A LEFT THRU THE GRASS YOULL SEE SOME DOWNED TREES WHERE ILL BE CATCHING ALL THE FISH......CATS, bass, CRAPPIE, BGILLIES, I THINK CARP , AND ANYTHING THATS IN WHITE RIVER WHENEVER IT FLOODS....THIS IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY THE MUSEUM SUPPORTED BY DNR AND INDY PARKS

THIS IS MY HONEY HOLE AND HAD TO SHARE IT WITH OTHERS....YOU WILL CATCH FISH HERE!!! bass FISHERMAN YOULL HAVE A BALL I USED A TUBE AND A 1/8TH OUNCE PEGGED BULLET....

7. Sounds like my prediciment. My job is in Indy, grew up in Parke County. I hardly ever fish up here, no where to go. I have to drive out there to do any fishing.

8. Put the boat in at ramp near 16th street. Go up river and fish the rocks with bright crawfish or bluegill crankbaits for smallies. Go down river and fish the weeds for largemouth.
    If you like to wade...head south there alot of creeks and rivers that cross 65, 31 or county roads...just go driving and park at a bridge and fish. I've done it in the past and always had a good time.
    The best fishing around is at Foxcliff between indy and martinsville on 37. If you know anyone who has property there, get permison and go immediately. My mom bought a lot there 30 yrs ago just so we could go fishing. sold it about 6 yrs ago...best, most consistent bass and bluegill fishing I've ever seen. GGGRRREEAATT icefishing.