close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where Do You Hunt?

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by treehugger, Mar 11, 2006.

WHERE DO YOU HUNT?

1. Field Edges

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. At least 100 yards in woods off field edges

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Deep in woods (do you hear dueling banjos where you hunt?)

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. Ridges

12 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Creek/River Bottoms

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  6. Funnels

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  7. Fence Lines

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Deer Hunters...Where do you hunt? Although I have tried different tactics I seem to have more success hunting the field edges. Where do you achieve your greatest success on taking Whitetail Deer?

* Field Edges
    * At least 100 yards in the woods off field edges
    * Deep in the woods (do you hear dueling banjos where you hunt?)
    * Ridges
    * Creek/River Bottoms
    * Funnels
    * Fence Lines

2. I typically will hunt field edges and fence rows in the early part of Bow Season. When the rut gets close I switch to proven funnels. Of course it always depends on the time of year and what the deer are feeding on that time of year!!

3. i'll take funnels everytime for bucks.

4. I focus on ridgetop saddles, inside corners of fields, funnels, and the occasional fence crossing. I prefer to be at least a half mile off the road.

5. Is this where they pipe SunLight IN???:coco: :coco: :coco:

6. I hunt field edges, some times a bout 50 to 75 yards in woods and sometime creeks and swamps. It depends on the time of the season and wind direction. Plus I hunt in stand and on the ground.

7. Early fall the edges are good....but, as the season moves on, and leaves fall from the trees...
    I have a place near a creek bed, least 100yds in, where 5 hard deer trails meet. Hung a stand about 20 yds from where those trails come together and took two deer from there this year. Found a simular place to hang a stand for this season and am looking forward to it, it is about 70-80 yds into the woods, with trails leading to a bedding area.

8. Fence lines where 3 or more fields/wood lines meet have been productive for me!

9. It depends on which property im hunting, one place where i hunt i typically hunt the top of a ridge, another place where i hunt i sit along the creek bank which is also along side of a field edge.

10. big woods

Most Of The Areas That I Hunt Are Made Up Of What I Call " Big Woods", Trees As Far As You Can See. Because Of This You Have To Play The Terrain And The Fauna. Find A White Oak Flat Or A Persimmon Grove And You Got It Made.

Late In The Season After The Fruits And Nuts Are Gone You Have To Use The Terrain More. Hunt The Saddles, Funnels, Reidge Tops, Ect. That Deer Will Naturally Use For Ease Of Travel.

11. Nice Try!!!

Like I'm gonna fall for the old "Where do you hunt....Let's take a Poll bit!"

Nice try...........RANDALLLL!!! The only person I ever gave solid advice to was the Coach, and look where that got me!!!

12. Don't worry Treehugger, Dean's just sore because "out his truck window" wasn't one of the choices.

13. Good one Scott!!!....Tell us more. :cwm27:

14. "Shooting House"

:chicken: !!! What, it's no different than some of these "shooting houses" you see so much of these days! Just think of it as a "portable" model.......:hide: !!