close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where does everyone hunt at????

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by coonslayer21, Oct 18, 2006.

1. There was probaly a thread like this at one time but oh well. So where does everyone hunt at ?

2. And how lucky have ya'll been at the places ya'll hunt??

3. I hunt the St Joe river... Been darn lucky there at times:cool: :cool: :cool:

4. For ducks or bucks PF, i'm assuming ducks.

5. Cass County, got 2 places to hunt. One i am by myself, the other one is shared by 2 other hunters during the weekends during shotgun. Killed deer at both of them over the years.

6. Posey County river bottoms when I go to Evansville for a visit but I hunt Mauckport in S. Harrison County mainly. Picked up another 800 acres to hunt in New Washington in Clark county through a friend this year though. Looking forward to hunting it as well. Huge deer in Mauckport though! I love that property more than any of them. Incredible terrain and habitat.

7. Randolph and Franklin county. Have great luck every year.

8. Both deer and turkey mostly near Madison. Some deer and turkey in Morgan County. Great luck in both places. We've hunted the same farms in Madison for years...little bro does a great job of scouting at Morgan/Monore.
    Ducks and geese; used to float hunt on white river a bit...my favorite...no longer have the boat, used to hunt Peabody coal mine...closed, used to hunt fields near Indy...mostly houses now (I live in a new addition across from a field I used to hunt)...still a few opportunities in Johnson County where little bro killed a few geese and ducks early.
    Upland bird hunting has usually been whatever I kicked up rabbit hunting or deer scouting before gun season. Actually shot a grouse while bow hunting on the ground once. It landed about 20 yards a way on the ground in front of me ...thump. Luckiest shot I ever made!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2006
  9. I HUNT MARTIN COUNTY, IN THE SOUTHWESTERN QUADRANT OF THE STATE, NEAR THE TOWN OF SHOALS. PART OF IT IS MINE, PART LEASED ANOTHER PART IS HNF.

10. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Newton,Jasper, and Parke county. All private land, Have done very well since the obr.

11. Mainly in Pike County (SW corner). Do some hunting in Morgan, Scott, and Bartholomew counties as well. All private besides Atturberry.

12. Steuben County around the Fremont area. I have 3 different sets of property that all together are about 1,000 acers. I mostly stick to my parents property and have not had much sucess in the past year because of lack of time.

13. Stay out of my honey hole!

14. hunt military refuge at crane weapons ctr. mostly. have good luck there most of the time. by luck i mean good oppertunities for shots gun and archery. sometimes i miss :banghead3 .

15. It's yours until thanksgiving! I might go out tomorrow morning if I get the chance. Depends on what the weather is doing and what time we are heading farther north.