close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to go to find jumbo catfish?

Discussion in 'Indiana Fishing Reports' started by seabee, Jun 13, 2007.

1. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I love catfishing, mostly because i can set up all my stuff in the evening, sit back as the sun goes down, get ready for the big cats to start feeding at night, and drink a few beverages. no hard work involved..lol. Does anyone know where to find the big boys, im not looking for exact gps cords. just what rivers or lakes may hold some big ones?

Oh...if your going to tell me that some divers went down by a dam and seen fish so big they were scared to go back...i am already aware of those places..:coco:

2. Seabee,
    I moved this post into the warm water fishing area, you'll probably get more attention here.

Hoosier_Steelheader

3. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I seen you replied and thought you were going to give in on one of your honey holes..lol, thanks man, didnt realise there were warm and cold water topics, to me its either ice fishing or cold water..........

4. Sorry,
    Best I have to offer is the Tippecanoe River....

5. C.B. Joe's Crab Shack has some serious catfish down there......as big as a car man....I promise. Hey, I dove down there and seen one so big.......:rolleyes:

6. ohio river or white river (east and west fork), not sure about the wabash but i'm sure their there.

7. right out your back door

you live in indy so eagle creek , morris, white river north or south, east to prairie creek or brookville, south to turtle creek (no limits) or monroe cataract to the west. if you have a boat it makes things easier but bank fishing go to moving water and hike away from bridges when you dont find empty beer cans from SLOBS you know you have hiked far enough. good luck

8. Wabash still has cats in it. Hard to find a spot without a boat though. The eel and big walnut through clay county is great in the spring.

9. Head north on I-69 to the Fairmont exit. I hear that pay lake has some fat cats in it!:lol: