close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

while we are on the subject

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by Poundsy, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Since the subject today is spouses and hunting here is another one. My wife and I just found out we are expecting another child, in turn my gameroom is now getting converted into my 5 month old sons room. I already have 2 deer and a pheasent in our living room and now have to move 2 more deer,a turkey in the flying pose,a bear rug and dozens of sheds some where. She, I say SHE, said I could move one of deer heads into the living room butt nothing else. She hates the turkey with a passion, nowhere to really put the bear rug, not enough room for the other deer. They will all probably all go out to my grandparents house in his game room until we add on. Does anybody elses spouse have a problem with their trophy's.

2. Mine are in my finished basement. My wife likes them all with the exception of the hog and javelina mounts.

If I was you, I'd pull a building permit and start swinging a hammer! Get that addition done! Man can't live without his taxidermy work.

3. No chit. The building permit isn't the problem,MONEY. I thought about finishing my garage but I hate to have to heat it.

4. I just got done with the turkey tail and wing mount... and am supposed to pick up my buck shoulder mount soon. I also have a fox at the taxidermist... waiting on my own funds. I live in a small house... and after she saw the size of my turkey mount, she started getting apprehensive about the rest. We will move in the next couple of years, and I will make sure that I have a large "man room" for this kind of stuff. Until then, she will have to live in the zoo with the animals...!!!

Poundsy... I'm at least one bedroom short too. I have a two bedroom and a family of four... and I need 3 bedrooms for the family, another one for the guests, and office and a "man room". I have to save the money for a six bedroom home.

5. I hear ya. We got a 3 bed,1 bath. Thank god our living room is 20 x 18 or I would go nuts. I spend most of my time in the kitchen, my wife can bake a fancy wedding cake but can't cook a hotdog. During the summer we spend most of our time in the backyard just lounging and drinking beer. I built a pond that has 3 waterfalls and dumps into a smaller pond on a small hill right off the porch and it is relaxing.

6. NO, mine look great in my brother's house. I only have 1 deer and 1 antelope mounted and they look a lot better with my brother's collection...bear, antelope, ducks, geese, all types of skins. I do have some antlers, skins and feathers in my kids rooms...antlers and a bass in the garage. Wife has a problem with "deadheads".
    That's where the compromise comes in...either they stayed at my brother's or I did.

7. I`VE GOT MINE IN MY OFFICE, I GET TO WRITE OFF THE TAXIDERMISTS BILL AS AN OFFICE EXPENSE THAT WAY.

8. Fish Hook

Fish Hook Banned

Just the opposite...I wanted to put all my stuff in my office, but the wife likes them in the living room.

9. She says that if she is ever impressed by something i shoot, maybe it can go in the living room...but we both want a game room area some day, and she said they can go there no problem...luckily for me, i just shoots handicapped deer so i dont have to worry about it...

10. My mounts are the main decorations in the foyer, living room, and dining room. ;)

11. My wife likes the deer and elk but hates my Boar rug.

12. if you make more money than she does just be kind enough to let her know you're taking down her painting to put your shoulder mount up

man up!! :evil:

I hope my wife doesn't read this...:hide:

(I'm just kidding baby!) :help:

13. I forgot to mention that my new house will need cathedral ceilings for the elk and caribou mounts (from the future).... got to be thinking ahead...