close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whisker Biscuit?

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by Noftheriver, Sep 11, 2006.

1. I need one just the whisker part, mine broke and I rigged it back in but it aint working any of yall got one laying around?
    I will buy it for the best price.
    Bass pro has one for $19 Carolina Archery has one for $12
    For carbon arrow.Trying to keep the cost down these Carbon Express babies set me back a little.
    It is the orginal Carolina Archery style, nothing fancy.It was for standard arrows so I would have had to change anyhow
    I am shooting low and to the right it has to be the bisquit.
    I let a guy that works for me check out my bow. I stepped into the restroom,I get back he hands me the bow and the biscuit is mangled! The guy dry fired my bow ! I was ready to wring his neck! I think: how much sense does it take to know not to dry fire a bow.
    He is loyal help just a little slow I guess I should not be to hard on him.

I am getting a good grouping just off sight The site was dead on proir to this.

2. you better be thankful the string didn't fray and break. That could have caused all kinds of problems. If all you have wrong with your bow is a whisker biscuit problem after a dry fire consider yourself lucky.

3. those limbs should have frayed in his face and made a huge mess. Id be really hard on him I dont care how slow he is.

4. bisquet

you can buy just the rest without the mount at gander mountain or even walmart.

oldrookie

5. I will try walmart thats the one place I have not tried yet

Gander Mt is that a online hub?

I agree with you all ,it could have been worse.
    He was complaining about his string burn.
    I wanted to give him a string burn about juglar level!
    He is a good guy, just never hunted.

I wanted to take him hunting but after that I was afraid to get in the woods with him:yikes: .
    I was even gonna try and help him get a cheap bow to start with.

6. I would have the bow checked out by a qualified technician. There could be problems with the bow that have not made themselves apparent yet. When they do, they might be big.

7. I agree with JL, but I would refrain from taking it to Gander Mountain to have it checked out. The GM in my area has screwed up a lot of bows and owners have ended up taking them to a bow shop to get them straightened out. Maybe your GM doesn't have that problem but be aware.

8. there is a good pro shop in new albany

9. Fyi

CHECK E-BAY. I JUST PURCHASED A BISCUIT FOR MY DAUGHTERS BOW THERE AS I DID NOT WANT TO PAY FULL RETAIL. THERE WAS ALOT OF MODELS AND OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM, PRICES VARIED.

10. get the wisker biscuit delux replacement for carbon. take your bow to a pro shop and have your limbs checked for hair line cracks.

11. I just want the insert,not the whole rig.I am going to Walmart in about 10 minutes.

12. most pro shops carry repl. don't know if walmart does

13. Hey treehugger, I know what you are saying about Gander Mountain. We've all seen what kind of people they hire.:bonk:

14. They dont, they didnt even have a full setup for Carbons,just alum.

I guess it is Carolina Archery for $12 + $3 shipping or BPS for $19 plus tax