close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

whisker biscuit????

Discussion in 'Indiana Bowhunting' started by rackstalker, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Hey can everone give me there opinion on this. I have heard mixed reviews that they are the best rest made to they can freeze up on cold days. Do they mess up arrow fletching? Are they consistant? I like the idea of not having to use the finger to keep arrow on the rest before shootin. Let me know what ya think

2. i used one year and had good luck with it. It wasnt ever cold enough for it to freeze up though. I shot good groups with it all year. It does tend to ruff the fletching up a little bit but if you take a hairdryer to your fletching it straightens them back out as good as new.

3. I'd say it depends a little on your needs. If you are a target shooter, may not be the best rest. If you're hunting, they're fantastic! I heard horror stories about them too when I got mine. I shot loads of my old arrows through the rest and never had any trouble with fletchings. If you're using a shoot through rest now, you may have to turn your nocks so you don't have a fletching lined up with the bottom of the rest (usually black in color). As for freezing, when it is that cold and wet out, work a little silicone into the fibers and you should be fine.

4. i used one for the first time this year and I really liked it. it did tear up my arrows a bit but nothing that wasn't fixable.

5. i've used one for two years now and never had a problem with it at all. i love it. i use blazer vanes and it's never messed them up.

6. I love mine, and with Blazer fletch there is no issues at all.

7. No Freeze for me.......

I used mine for 7 days straight in temps from -20 to -40. I finally took a moose at -30. The only thing I can suggest is to get the one with the side drop in so that you don't have to pass the arrow through the whole. Just easier I think. I am about to upgrade to that version. They do sell a product if you are concerned about freezing. No Freeze or No Sno; I believe.:woohoo1:

8. My father shoots with fingers and has always had a problem with twisitng the string and knocking the arrow off the rest. Since he switched to one, he hasn't had any problems at all.:)

9. I've used one all year and love it. It may be a little hard on the fletchings but thats it. I have the deluxe and the arrow drops in that is sweet. Arrows stay put, and they do not squeak or whine like the prongs on a rest do. I say hell yes, it's worth the money.

10. I guess I'll be the bad apple and say I don't like it. It chews up your fletchings and this year when I drew on a doe she heard it and took off. I'd say go with a drop-away but thats my opinion.

11. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

They work good, they will eventually ruff up your flecthing a little, depending on how much you actually shoot. Honestly it took a while for me to switch to a drop away, now i will always recomend them, But yes the Biscuit is a simple and awesome hunting rest!

12. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I have an extra droptine buiscut in my bow room, I will send it to ya!

13. I have had one on my bow for awhile now and love it. I do recommend that you purchase the rest that has a area cut out for easy arrow entry instead of sliding the arrow through the hole to nock it.

14. invest in a drop away you won't regret it