close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who Hunts the Slough

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by coonslayer21, Sep 18, 2006.

1. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Born and raised around the slough! Hunted there lots but i have access to most of the private property around it. It can be a good place in early archery. And i know many people who get turkeys there in the spring. If you can gain private property in newton county, you will be on to something. I killed a 16 pointer just a few miles from there back in 2004. He is in the photot gallery under (river buck)
    SEABEE

2. Seabe how do u go about getting permission to hunt on private land?? Do u hunt the land across the street from 1A??. Oh by the way that is a GOOD lookin buck u have there. ;)

3. seabee

seabee Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Coonslayer, My cousin hunts some of that property you are talking about. He married into the familly that owns and farms much of it. To be honest, i try not to hunt to close to the state land. there is lots of pressure around there, but the habitat is awesome! It is very hard to gain permission because most of the farmers have family that hunt and it is a VERY close knit community. The best way to gain permission is to make connections, at coffe shops, at gas stations, everywhere you go in that town the people you talk to have familly that owns great hunting ground and much of it is not hunted because there is so much. I dont live there anymore but thats where all my family is. So i spend all fall being up there and helping my family with the harvest and hunting. Good luck!