Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Administrator
3,985 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Good luck and cold air has come our way.
Went out rabbit hunting this past saturday, on the way home saw 2 ponds in Putnam county with folks ice fishing, didn't think we had any safe ice at that point.
Haven't been able to get out yet, but that should all change tomorrow. Best part, looks like the ice might stick around for a while, not just a couple of days like most years.

· Registered
181 Posts
Northern lakes are holding good ice. Plenty of anglers out on them.
Yea my son was up near Ft Wayne and saw a lot of folks out. My buddy and I went Friday in Putnam co first two ponds only had a couple of inches. The third had five solid inches we had great action but had to put up with a lot of small bluegills. Did catch a few keeper bluegill and a couple of nice Crappie
Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Tar Motor vehicle

· Registered
181 Posts
Massive Crappie. Congrats!
I wish I could take credit for them, but not one came through my holes, my minnows must have smelled bad.

Well it's 43 degrees and a steady rain, ice killing weather, and even if some of the ice hangs on it will most likely get slushy and then with some snow on top to insulate I don't know if the below zero temps will get our ice safe again. Enough with the rain.

· Registered
18 Posts
I saw a couple of guys on the bay at Coldwater Lake when I went to Michigan earlier this week, but haven't heard of anyone doing much around NE In. in the last week or so.
I was on open water on that chain yesterday. Ice just came off a few days ago. Spring turnover and most lakes had the water really stirred up.

· Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
its that time again! wont be long till we are drilling holes in the water. i cant wait to set up flags and jig up some panfish.
i got the ice jig supplies out today and whipped some up. been playing with these a few years. fish love them enough to chew the tails off. lol tungston or brass beads on 12-14 bent nymph hooks mostly.
Insect Arthropod Finger Pest Parasite
Insect Arthropod Finger Pest house fly

Insect Arthropod Plant Petal Wood

Paint Wood Recreation Magenta Fashion accessory

Arthropod Insect Finger Creative arts Pest

green one is glow paint under clear coat. some lil legs maybe and they will fill my freezer this winter.

look close, these have a collar behind the head. i putthat there to hold some power nibbles. smash a lil paste in there and it will stay for many fish.
Liquid Amber Fluid Arthropod Insect

this is a stand up one i just started to develop.
Insect Arthropod Pest Landscape Electric blue

the bottom worm jig is rubber off one of those spiney toy balls. lol no weight, its for drop shotting gills/perch near bottom.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts