Indiana Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Looks like you're all set, cool looking jigs, lots of variety.
Looking like we may get some ice. The only baitshop near us that normally carries minnows, doesn't have any. So I will be heading to the creek today with my minnow siene see if i can't grab a few.

· Registered
181 Posts
We have 4 - 7 inches now here in the southcentral part of the state.
Went out Monday on a small pond, and nothing, not a bite.
Tuesday was at a buddy's in Putnam county and had a pretty good day. My son joined us and the 3 of us caught around 100 bluegill, lots of small ones though. A couple of huge crappie, my buddy caught a 2lbs 14 oz and it wouldn't fit through the hole. I held on to it while he ran and grapped a spud bar and he chipped enough away to get him out. It went back after weighing, he says only a 3 pound or above will go on the wall. Had I caught that one it would have went on my wall.
The ice shelter was great, easy up easy down, everything contained, and warm.
Hope to at least get out this afternoon before the rain f's up our ice thursday/friday.

Tent Snow Tree Automotive tire Grass

· Registered
181 Posts
We have 4 - 7 inches now here in the southcentral part of the state.
Went out Monday on a small pond, and nothing, not a bite.
Tuesday was at a buddy's in Putnam county and had a pretty good day. My son joined us and the 3 of us caught around 100 bluegill, lots of small ones though. A couple of huge crappie, my buddy caught a 2lbs 14 oz and it wouldn't fit through the hole. I held on to it while he ran and grapped a spud bar and he chipped enough away to get him out. It went back after weighing, he says only a 3 pound or above will go on the wall. Had I caught that one it would have went on my wall.
The ice shelter was great, easy up easy down, everything contained, and warm.
Hope to at least get out this afternoon before the rain f's up our ice thursday/friday.

View attachment 19203
Here's a pic of the 2-14

Water Sky Vertebrate Sleeve Tree

41 - 49 of 49 Posts