close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winamac Put And Take

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by pigeonflier, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Went to winamac for put and take this morning. Had area 5. Probably would not pick that area for a pheasant hunt but I have never been there before and that is what we reserved. Ended up getting 9 out of 10 of our birds. 5 roosters and 4 hens. Of the 5 roosters all had there tails completely picked. Just a nub there. And 2 of the hens were the same. And we found 8 of the 9 in about a 100 yard circle. Must have just stopped the truck in 1 spot. 7 of the 9 birds were very skinny. Only 2 looked like something I would sell to someone and they didnt have tails at that.
    I would rate the service at 10
    Quality of the hunt a 7
    quality of the birds a -1
    We still had fun and managed to get some birds. They just could have been raised better. And maybe spread out a little more.

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Sounds like a good time...surprised at the condition of the birds...we're hunting Mongo Thurs and Fri and Tri-County Sat and Sun.

In years' past the birds had been in pretty good shape on those properties.

The property we stay away from is Huntington..it's a war zone..only go there for the clean up.

Good luck, everyone.

3. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Usually, it's about 9 days after the opening of put and take (Nov. 19). But since the numbers of hunters is down (because of the on-line reservations), it may last longer.

We're going to call the places and find out when they'll be done.

4. Post up when you find out

Thanks

5. 11/27 Sunay is the last put-n-take so monday will be free.

6. I deer hunt out at Winamac and taking to the DNR, they said clean up is Monday. I wish I had my shotguns here, because I might have gone. Unfortunately they are still in Michigan.

MIDH