close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wind blowing

Discussion in 'Northeast Indiana Fishing Reports' started by 410, Apr 7, 2006.

1. WOW the wind in my area has been bad for about 3 weeks now. Can some of you give some hints on how to fish with the wind blowing all day and yes at 20 to 45 mph? Need help!:fish: :fish: :banghead3 :bonk:

2. i really don't know myself but i have seen people who use those wind socks behind their boat to create drag.

3. I do alot of work up in Albion and Kendalville, and everytime I'm up there It seems like the wind is blowing. 4 anchors, that is the answer.

4. If your goin for bass. You need a good trolling motor. This time of year throw a Lipless crankbait ( rat-l-trap). the drift sock would also help to control the boat a little better.

5. Just got off the lake, the wind is blowing about 15 to 30 mph and the lake has white caps and we are in a 12 semi V boat. Did catch a few fish. When is there wind going to stop blowing?

6. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Fished a Channel at George yesterday for about an hour. Stayed off the main lake because of the wind....caught three nice bass, all over 2 lbs.

7. windy bass

fish a white spinnerbait on the windy shore reeling just under the surface or a blue/silver with orange belly rattletrap when you catch one make many cast to this area alot of times they will stack up along these areas waiting on the wind to blow in bait good luck

8. Cary - how did you manage to catch that same fish three times? :)

9. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

David, Not too tough when you tie a balloon to him and follow him around.

10. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Of course, that makes sense...it's what we do in Canada for walleye...look for a windy shore and drift in with the bait fish...don't know why I never put it together and do the same for bass. I've just got to gain confidence with a spinnerbait...love to throw them, just don't catch many fish. Did use a chrome/blue rattletrap for awhile.

It's just trying to gain confidence on different baits.

11. Well I started this thread on 4-7-06 and now it is 5-11-06 and the D _ _ _ wind is still blowing, WILL IT EVERY LET UP, and now we also has rain, we need rain but it could just rain at night so I can fish during the day is that asking to much? I do fish in the rain just not when we have thunder and the other stuff.

12. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

I was hoping to chase some bass around this weekend...but looking at the weather forecast......rainy and windy through Sunday. Drat.

13. Sounds like a fabulous day for a couple of beers and some euchre.

14. Just a weather report same oh, same oh rain 42 degrees and yes the wind is blowing and yes I got wet fishing again today May 12 2006.

15. but did you catch any?