close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

With the fall rapidly approaching

Discussion in 'IndianaSportsman.com Outing Forum' started by Team_Abby, Sep 20, 2005.

1. I was thinking maybe we could organize a site bird hunt. How many of you would be interested in such an outing? We could do any number of possibilities.

1. We could arrange one in the central part of the state (for this I would need some help as I do not have any connections with any preserves in that region of Indiana).

2. WE could do something in the northern third of Indiana as I have connections with several places up here.

3. We could hold an outing in the Northeast corner and combine it with the Michigan and Ohio sites.

4. We could have a bragging rites competetion. Either amoungst ourselves or state against state.

If interested post and let me know I will need help though gentlemen.

Jeff

2. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Jeff, it sounds like a good idea. I know they do this in other states. It would be great if we could get an idea how many guys would go on a reserve hunt, cost, location, etc. Even guys who like to bird hunt and don't have dogs could participate as there would be plenty of guys who have one.

I think this is what you have in mind. With Michigan pheasant opening Oct. 20, it would be natural to have it sometime early Oct.

Sam was interested in a site get together. Maybe this could help.

I guess if guys respond to this, we'll have an idea of the guys who are interested.

Cary

3. You wouldn't have to twist my arm very much. Sounds fun to me.

4. If something gets organized let me know. I'll probably be on my own trying to find somewhere in Michigan to hunt on the opener.

5. sounds great,I would be interested in an outing.my shooting skills still need some work.eye injury forced me to change to lefty.but I would still like to get out and get to know folks.,pointers,etc....

6. I don't have a dog know but it still sounds like fun. :)

7. I am interested to know if this event ever got put together and what the results were. I have no experience in this type bird hunt but would be interested.

8. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

It kind of fizzled out..but maybe after the bird season, we'll try to resurrect it.

9. anyone here ever eat possum????

10. just another interesting topic:cheeky-sm