close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wont Be Long!!

Discussion in 'Indiana Waterfowl Hunting' started by Noblebowhunter, Jun 16, 2005.

1. 2 1/2 months and its HAMMER TIME!! To me Sept. 1 starts months packed full of awesome hunting experiences and time to relax with Mother Nature. Cant wait to set the shells and silo's out opening morning infront of the trucks headlilghts in the middle of a freshly chopped corn silage field while hearing the first flock of victims sqwauck on the pond accross the field before they come to feed at daylight. TAKE EM is yelled as they set the feet and start to hover! Only two words come to mind at that point..... Flight Cancelled ;)

2. I hear ya man....its starts with squirrels for the year and ends with rabbits. I like all of the goo stuff in between too!:)

3. Well said noble I start loosing sleep around aug 20 just waiting to hear those sounds But for me it is usually a fresh cut hay field that is timed out just perfect Cut it about 3-4 days before and look out I WILL WAKE UP THE NEIGHBORS here in St Joe county

4. Ahh man its gettin close. I look for the newborns to start flyin either this week or the next. Most on my lake are full color now. Looks as if wheat is gonna be too early up here. Already brown figure 2 more weeks people will start cutting at the latest. Even if they get burned out too quick silage will be early and i have some wheat fields that will flood IF we get the rain for some great times.