close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Would you hunt with a High Powered Rifle if legal?

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by KBacon, Feb 20, 2007.

would you hunt with a High Powered Rifle if it were legal?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    48.4%
  3. I'm not sure...

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Would you use a high powered rifle to hunt deer if it were made legal?

I'm not talking about the current proposed pistol cartridges...

I referring to real high powered rifles like .270, .30-06, .308, ect....

I'm totally over the PRC debate.. From what I've seen/heard.. it's already a done deal.. and they're just going through the motions of what they have to do to get it finalized.

Like I said in the past.. I could care less either way about them. And I've sold several in the last few months because of the new rule change. I still get several people that come in stating "did you hear they're gonna make HPR legal this year". And I have to explain to them what will be legal.

I posted the question above.. because I believe that someone tried to post a similar poll a while back just stating "rifles".. and it was turned into another PCR debate.

I'm only asking.. if one would use a HPR if they were made legal.

So please don't turn this into another PCR debate...

2. In the location I took my deer last year, i was about as far away from him as I could be in my woods...it was a 30 yard shot...tops...

I'll stick with the hammer-throwing slug gun....

3. In Indiana, I would not be comfortable shooting any cartridge out of any firearm that had a Point-Blank-Range of over 200 yds.

Everybody misses sometime, and I want my bullet in the dirt before 300.

4. The short answer, No.

The long answer, Hell No.

5. No, never, nowhere. Not in Indiana and not even out west.

Give me a bow 99% of the time. Every once in a while a smoke pole. It has been years since I shot a slug gun. Scatter gun for wing shooting.

Rifles really are not my thing. Fine for others, but not me.

6. :yeahthat: :protest_e

7. I`M NOT A BIG HIGH POWERED RIFLE FAN. I WOULD RATHER USE MY BOW. WHILE HUNTING IN INDIANA I HAVE NEVER HAD A NEED FOR THE RANGE OF A HIGH POWERED RIFLE, WHERE I HUNT SHOTS OVER 150 YARDS ARE NON-EXISTANT. I SAY NO TO NECKED DOWN CARTRIDGES FOR DEER HUNTING.

8. For me, deer hunting with any sort of modern rifle probably fall into the same catagory as deer hunting with a handgun. I might enjoy taking a deer with one because it is a legal weapon, but not enough to make it a priority goal. And certianly not enough to go out and buy one.

9. Hunter Hollis

Hunter Hollis Banned

If it were legal, I would use a 243.
    DNR could make some extra cash by starting up a rifle safety program. To use a rifle you would have to pass a safety course and be issued a card from the DNR.

10. Hunter Hollis

Hunter Hollis Banned

Im saying I would use a 243, but I dont want it to be legal in Indiana. If it ever becomes legal to hunt with rifles in Indiana I would use a 243, and wear a Kevlar helmet painted orange.

11. Hunter Hollis

Hunter Hollis Banned

ok, ok...no rifles for hunting deer. Thats my final answer. But if it happens I will still wear an blaze orange Kevlar helmet with battery operated blinkers.

12. in the places i hunt i dont think you could do it safely. i wouldnt trust the others off the property either,dont know who is out there. i rifle hunted in the late 80's down in falmouth ky on 400 acres i didnt think twice about it

13. No, I'll keep my bow and M/L