close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yotes

Discussion in 'Indiana Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by anon782010, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Gonna try something new this winter, and work on taking a few yotes.

I have a ditchbank I can sit on with 180 degress of vision between 2 areas i think they den in, and to my back, is a house...

is it just as easy as slapping the camo on, grabbing the 30/30 and making that rabbit call scream?

2. Little bit more to it then that... Here is a site that has lots of info about yote hunting.

http://www.midwestpredatorhunters.com/

Some of the things ya have to watch out for is, the wind and your scent. Coyotes love to get downwind to smell what they are hearing. They have awesome sight as well, any movement might scare them off, which brings up the part about being quiet and carefull to sneak into the set without being seen. Therefore camo, and blending into the surroundings is extremely important. They also like to travel or coming into a call like that under some kind of cover, even something as small as on the shady side of a fencerow or ditch and etc... Just get out there and learn, read magazines, watch coyote huntin videos.

Hope this helps,

Alan