close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Your Dream Hunt

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by anon782010, Feb 16, 2007.

1. This has probably been done before, but it is still fun.

If money and your wifes protest were not an issue, where would you go and what would you hunt? What gun would you take...(or bow DEC)? Whatever details you want to share...what is your dream hunt?

Mine, is a Montana super combo, Mule Deer, Pronghorn, and Elk...

All with my grandfather's Marlin 336 Leveraction 30-30.

Pack hunt on horseback.

2. for myself i would go on a moose hunt with jim shockey or one of his bear hunts. awesome. that is if money wasn't a issue.

3. Good one Marsh. Nice and simple - and it's got a Levergun. :tongue:

Though IME .30-30 is a bit short for pronghorn where most shots are well over 200yds - But it sure is fun to try to sneak up on them.

Shot placement with a .30-30 is also going to be super-critical on the Elk. While it will do the job, most folks back there will agree it's a little light.

But it's certainly doable and especially cool to do with a Legacy gun. :cool:

I'd go with ya on that trip. Probably take a Savage 99 in .308 tho. ;)

4. I figure if they can bowhunt antelope, I can get the job done with the levergun. HAHA

30-30 is kind of light for elk. You are right, maybe I would tote his .308 along also. I think it would get the job done though. :biggrin:

5. Schedule it Larry, that's my dream hunt too...with a bow!!!!!

6. ccavacini

ccavacini Super Mod Mod

Dream hunt......going quail hunting (not you, Keith), using both Brittanys....pointing covey after covey.

7. moose in the yukon...elk in new mexico and a turkey slam in one year just for starters

8. North Dakata hunt for shartails, huns and pheasants. Big open space with just a couple of friends and our dogs. maybe even on horseback.

Jack

9. MONTANA BOWHUNT FOR ELK DURING THE RUT. SECOND WOULD BE AN ARCHERY MOOSE HUNT ANYWHERE. I WOULD LIKE TO WAIVE A MAGIC WAND THAT WOULD GUARANTEE SUCCESS, I`VE BEEN ONE TO MANY OUT OF STATE HUNTS WHERE I CAME HOME EMPTY HANDED.

10. Hunter Hollis

Hunter Hollis Banned

My dream hunt would be with the host of ESPN's "Get Wild, Cindy Garrison. We would be together hunting a place to lay down.
    [​IMG]

11. i truly wish i could and with a bow !! mabe someday. :banghead3

12. now that thar is a dream hunt.

13. Careful Hollis she might put a hurt'n on ya!

14. Any fly in hunting trip in Alaska, the Sitka deer hunt on Kodiak would be nice.

15. Turkey Slam in 1 year; An Eastern from Mississippi, then an Osceola down in Florida, then over to Texas for my Rio, down to Mexico for a Gould, and finally up to Montana for my Merriam. Hunt with my 2 best friends, and have our dads behind the cameras..

Or go on an archery trip for an Elk in New Mexico.