close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

youth hunt

Discussion in 'Indiana Whitetail Hunting' started by coonslayer21, Aug 3, 2006.

1. anybody taking a young one deer huntin in sept.

2. I have opened my farm to 10 youths who only have public land to hunt.

I'll be camp guide cook and chief dish washer......... I can't wait!!!

one rule....... spots or antlers we do not shoot.........

3. I will be taking my buds nephew on the youth waterfowl weekend. Took him last year and had a blast.

4. Good for you Joe....

5. i'll be taking my 12year old brother and my dad will be taking my sister who is 10

6. My daughter, assuming she passes the h.s. class.

7. I'll be taking my 9 year old daughter...she can't wait...and neither can I!!!

8. I will be taking my 9 year old daughter who harvested her first deer a medium doe on 11/23/05. I just got a new lease that seems to be loaded with deer so hopefully she can get the first harvest off it.:bouncy:

9. Im going to take my cousin. He is an athlete and doesnt get much time to find out what hunting is all about. I have taken him squirrel hunting and he is a natural at that.. So maybe we can get him to shoot a deer now. I cant wait to watch him shoot his first one. I was sitting in the tree next to his brother when he killed his first one and I cant wait to do it again.

Joe commendable. Good luck being the camp biatch. Id gladly be the other servant if you need it. I hope you post pictures of the successes and the good times.

10. I PLAN TO TAKE MY SON. MY ONLY CONCERN IS THE FACT THAT THERE WILL BE SO MUCH FOLIAGE THAT IT WILL BE HARD TO SEE THE DEER IN THE WOODS. I WISH THEY WOULD MOVE IT BACK TO LATE OCTOBER.

11. Right now we can't as it would be in the middle of bow season. Let's get this first one off and running and then see what adjustments we can make.

Jack

12. brich60, you don't have to be in the woods to see deer, just you and your son just sit on the edge of a soybean field and i guarantee that your son will see some deer. thats what me and my little brother is going to do. also you could use a fawn in distress call, it brings the does in on the run.

13. The early youth season was long overdue, hopefully legalizing bucks in the early season for these youngsters won't be so long in the coming.

14. Having a doe only season is smart, plus it allows our young hunters to better understand the importance of harvesting does and antlerless deer. Deer management has changed with the times, but some are still stuck in the past. Educating our kids early about proper deer management is a good choince. They can then have the opportunity to harvest their buck during the regular season. Under the OBR, they'll have to harvest antlerless deer eventually. Why not during their special season?

15. taking my 14yr. old son out bowhunting again this year hopefully film his hunt again, that is some of the best bonding time all year, we both look forward to it every year just like me & my dad do, what a tremendous way of life , it goes by way to fast enjoy it while you can!!!!!!!!!