close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Youth Turkey Hunt

Discussion in 'Indiana Turkey Hunting' started by treehugger, Apr 9, 2007.

1. A few weeks ago my wife and I attended a NWTF banquet and I bid on a youth turkey hunt for my oldest daughter, age 9, and was high bidder. The "guide" called me last night to setup a shopping trip to Gander Mtn. to get her outfitted in camo for the hunt. He has done some pre-scouting on property he has permission to hunt that has NEVER been hunted before. He has seen 13 mature gobblers so far. He is also going to be able to supply a youth 20 ga. for her to use for the hunt, so my Rossi problem has been solved for now. He's going out soon to setup the blind for the hunt. If she doesn't get a bird on Saturday, he's going to take us out again on Sunday. I'm hoping she gets her first bird before OL' DAD does.

2. Sweet deal, tree. I hope she gets one!

3. That sounds real exciting! I am anxious to see what the results will be...staying posted "For the rest of the story" as it unfolds!

4. Sweet deal Tree! At our NWTF banquet, they auctioned off the same thing. Youth hunt on never before hunted turkey ground. Way cool.

I'm so pumped about the youth season. My 7 year old daughter and I will be hitting one of the honey holes to try and convince a bird to step in front of the new semi-auto 20 I just picked up for her.:coolgleam

Set up the D.B. blind and set out the new B-mobile that just showed up at my office along with some hen dekes and see if we can't get some heart pounding action going.:biggrin:

(B-mobile is going to go through a customization process in the next few days. I'll take pictures when he's done ... I think it will be SWEET!)

Get those kids out there guys! This is some of the best work our IDNR has done in years!:coolgleam:coolgleam:coolgleam

5. taking my nephew out on the 28th & 29th he got drawn at pigeon river, he was luckier than me this year!!!!!!

6. Yeah, tree, I was thinking the same thing. My son my beat me to the first Tom. I've been seeing the heck out of them. The kids get the advantage to be in the field before all of the other clowns come out. Great idea.... now if they would just let the kids harvest a buck before they all disappear for the season.

7. Thats neat Tree, Good luck to you two.

8. Good luck to you and your daughter! Take some pics for us.

9. Wow, best of luck to both you and your daughter, Randy. Sounds like a sweet deal.

10. HEY DEC, I HATE TO RAIN ON YOUR PARADE BUT REGS SAY SHE HAS TO BE 15 YEARS OLD TO PARTICIPATE IN THE YOUTH WEEKEND HUNT. WOULDN`T WANT TO GET HER IN TROUBLE WHEN YOU TRIED TO CHECK THE BIRD IN. BETTER WAIT UNTIL REGULAR SEASON TO TAKE HER OUT.

11. Could be wrong.........haven't checked but, I thought youth hunts were 15 and under.

12. I THINK YOU MAY BE RIGHT, I READ IT WRONG IN MY HASTE. THANKS FOR SETTING ME STRAIGHT.

13. Hey Birch60 ... Page 9 of the regulations "15 years old or younger".

14. my "youth" backed out... got a wrestling tournament i guess... will spend my weekend scouting Roush Lake i'd say instead