close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zumbo and the FUDDS

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Modern Firearms' started by oldrookie, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Interesting reading on the national level over the fallout of the Zumbo article. Ted Nugent had Zumbo on his board trying to clean up the mess.

The rocks are being thrown between the hunting community and range shooters. Apparantly if a hunter remotely agreed with Zubo's comments then they are FUDDs. FUDDs have been labeled worst than antis.

Apparantly the NRA is viewed as now catering to FUDDs in recent years.

Ted Nugent has been labeled a FUDD sympathizer.

It appears FUDDs should kiss the range shooters azzes for they are in the minority of gun owners.

The Indianasportsmen.com site has been labeled a bunch of FUDDs on several national sites.

What do you guys think? Before all this, if someone called me a FUDD, I dont know if I would have smacked them or shake their hand. After careful thought, I think being a FUDD might have something to do with ethics.;)

2. You can't have an opinion, or you'll be labeled. I guess I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on....nah! Forget them and what they think.

3. It seems to me that the people who came up with (and throw around) the term "FUDDS" are perpetuating the dissension between hunters and shooters more than anyone else.

4. Excellent point!

5. What a bunch of morons. I couldn't be more disgusted over this entire deal.

Lets just do a bunch of in-fighting and see if we can ruin things for everybody.

I like to target shoot, I like to hunt. The fact that there are two groups so closely related arguing with each other about who can lose their rights first has to be the single dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Better a FUDD than an a$$hole...

6. You wouldn't happen to have the link to any of these national sites would you?

7. www.stupidFUDDER.com

8. I get to be Elmer..................the rest of you can fight, argue and debate on which FUDD you want to be, but I called Elmer first!!

9. OK, I'll be the one to ask ... what the hell is a FUDD?:confused:

I've heard a lot of terms, but not this one.

First I can't find a mushroom to save my azz and now I don't know what a FUDD is. I'm really starting to question my roll as an outdoorsman ... is it time for a beer yet?:chillin:

10. I`M SURPRISED TO HEAR THAT NUGENT IS A FUDD SIMPATHIZER AS ONE OF HIS SHOW SPONSERS ARE D.P.M.S. PANTHER ARMS, A MANUFACTURER OF AR RIFLES. I ALSO REMEMBER A SHOW IN WHICH HE WAS GUIDING A GUY BUFFALO HUNTING WITH AN AR RIFLE. TED SEEMS TO BE TALKING OUT BOTH SIDES OF HIS MOUTH.

11. From what read, a FUDD is some dimwitted, inept hunter who someone has likened to the Elmer Fudd cartoon charactor.

12. Thanks ...

Note to self ... self, stop referring to rabbits as wabbits ... kill da wabbit kill da wabbit ... Now you stop that! ... now if I could just find those dang mushrooms JL keeps telling me about ...

OK, back to the discussion at hand.:dizzy:

Hey, I see Nuge's site is up to 38 pages and counting. Man we have a long way to go in JL's OBR thread! Get to work boys.:evilsmile

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  13. I used to like to eat at Fuddrucker's. And, I also like to hunt and I like all guns ALOT. So what am I?:coco:

14. Derek, not sure if its an acronym specifically but I will research it. First, I think you have to be a hunter. A hunter which does not mind "limitations" placed with regards to hunting and their chosen firearm/intrument. One that does not appreciate the fact these limitations goes against their 2nd ammendment rights.

Sorry Derek, having only become a FUDD recently, thats all I have.

Maybe we should ask a shooter who frequents here.....maybe they will shed some light.

15. What the FUDD is going on around here. DEC, hell it's Friday, should be about time to pop a top.:biggrin: